Movies: Violent Night (David Harbour) - Don't piss off Santa!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Gotta, say it looks terrible and is essentially looks like Die Hard with Santa swapping in for John McClane
I thought the same thing and then thought how this would be the Die Hard like movie that people who say Die Hard is not a Christmas movie could not get behind as being a Christmas movie!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This look fun as hell. David Harbour doesn't take himself too seriously, so this should just be a fun romp. Don't think much will ever beat "Shoot Em Up" in the "parody of an action movie" genre for me, but if done right this could come close.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Gotta, say it looks terrible and is essentially looks like Die Hard with Santa swapping in for John McClane
It does, except with Santa using a walkie to talk to someone on the inside instead of the outside and without McClane's personality. The latter is what I have reservations about. David Harbour doesn't really impress me or seem to elevate the material that I've seen him in. On the other hand, it's from the producers of Nobody and I liked that, even though Bob Odenkirk is a bit boring, himself, so we'll see, I guess. I'll definitely watch an R-rated Santa action movie, regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad