Vinny Lecavalier

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Vinny is underrated defensively, he was really good for a few seasons but he's so much better offensively that he would only focus on that. Filpulla helps with his defensive play but he's nothing special. Like I said the team is better because of it but it's more because of the cap savings that allowed us to get better defenders then replacing him with Filpulla.

Flip is better in pretty much every aspect of the game compared to VL. Vinny is a shell of himself. No speed, hands look like they've gone to ****, can't seem to find chemistry with anyone.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Flip is better in pretty much every aspect of the game compared to VL. Vinny is a shell of himself. No speed, hands look like they've gone to ****, can't seem to find chemistry with anyone.

Agree. Guy is done. Great Lightning player but he should hang them up.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

He is right now but if Vinny had never left I'm not sure he declines as rapidly as he has. I think they would put up similar offensive numbers, it's the cap difference that makes Filpulla much better.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He is right now but if Vinny had never left I'm not sure he declines as rapidly as he has. I think they would put up similar offensive numbers, it's the cap difference that makes Filpulla much better.

Vinny may have scored as many points as Filpulla and I even doubt that but his defensive game is a liability at this point. He is very slow. I love Vinny as much as the next guy but Yzerman made the right move. He was way expensive at what he brought to the table. Even his contract now is overpayment.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Seeing Vinny go through this crap really upsets me. Vinny is a genuinely good dude. I really hope he gets it going somewhere. VL4 ever.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Seeing Vinny go through this crap really upsets me. Vinny is a genuinely good dude. I really hope he gets it going somewhere. VL4 ever.

None of this has any bearing on the person Vinny is. Time runs out for good and bad dudes alike.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Agreed. Berube recently questioned Vinny's work ethic, and there've been rumors about it for years. He's just not a fit here right now. Let him do the 1 day deal after he retires as a thank you, but the sad truth is he would make us a worse team.

Berube is the one that moved V40 to wing even though he is a center.

Based on how the Flyers run things, Berube's days are numbered as coach. Vinny will likely still be there when Berube is gone and move back to center and see more minutes.

So yes, he is not a fit there as long as Berube is coach.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
None of this has any bearing on the person Vinny is. Time runs out for good and bad dudes alike.

No, but some superstars are able to go out on top (or at least in the middle). I was hoping the same for my all time favorite.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Berube is the one that moved V40 to wing even though he is a center.

Based on how the Flyers run things, Berube's days are numbered as coach. Vinny will likely still be there when Berube is gone and move back to center and see more minutes.

So yes, he is not a fit there as long as Berube is coach.

It's extremely unlikely that Vinny sees more minutes without Berube. Berube has overplayed Vinny, a LOT. He was moved to wing because he wasn't cutting it at center...as it turned out, he was even worse at wing, but his defensive shortcomings were at least minimized a little...when he wasn't trying to force his center into the wing spot to take over during play.

Berube gave Vinny a hell of a lot more chances than he gave/gives other players; it's actually hard to believe it took this long for him to see the press box. In fact, one of the biggest criticisms of Berube has been how heavily he has used Vinny, and the number of great opportunities squandered because they were given to him instead of someone capable.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We all loved and miss the 50 goal Vinny. Age and injures have really taken a toll on his game and body. He really was the most dominant power forward I can remember since Lindros. When he officially hangs them up I hope he signs a one day deal and retires with the Lightning. I would welcome him back on a one year deal like Morrow any day to play the fourth line.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm not sure where to post this, but Oren Koules was on Jeff Marek's new podcast Junior and was asked about the Lecavalier trade. Marek listed out all the rumored names, Price, Subban, Pacioretty, McDonagh, and asked how close it came to closing. Koules basically said Marek was right on with the package he listed, and said that only Pacioretty was not part of the deal. He also said that they were really close to finishing the trade.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm not sure where to post this, but Oren Koules was on Jeff Marek's new podcast Junior and was asked about the Lecavalier trade. Marek listed out all the rumored names, Price, Subban, Pacioretty, McDonagh, and asked how close it came to closing. Koules basically said Marek was right on with the package he listed, and said that only Pacioretty was not part of the deal. He also said that they were really close to finishing the trade.

This was in 2009, right? So we already had Hedman? We would have won the Cup at least once by now. That defensive core and Price in goal would be ridiculous.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
This was in 2009, right? So we already had Hedman? We would have won the Cup at least once by now. That defensive core and Price in goal would be ridiculous.

How unfair would all that be? Although, some of those guys might not have developed as well jockeying for position (thinking specifically of Subban, Hedman, and McDonagh).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The trade didn't happen though because both owners couldn't agree to it, right? So if both guys allowed that trade to happen, then there's no need for Bettman to come in and stop their internal fighting. And if they stayed in power and were able to coexist longer, you give them more time to **** things up on every level. Possibly to the point where there's major damage done or even us not existing anymore. I'm glad that trade didn't happen.

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
I hate this for Vin. I haven't watched much of the Flyers this year so I'm not sure how bad he's looking. Some PHI fans seem to bemoan how slow he is but I'd have figured they'd have known that when he signed his deal. Hopefully he can catch a trade to a contending team that can use him the bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->