Vinny Lecavalier

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Vinny was demoted to the 2nd unit before (several times actually). Imagine what if he still had his onetimer from back in the days: Nonstop bombs from the left (Stammer) and right circle (Vinny). But since the shoulder injury it only occurs like once or twice per season that he actually winds it up like that anymore.

He also sends out a tweet before each attempt, so everyone knows what's up.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Matt Cooke and the League (for allowing players like Matt Cooke to do what they did for so long) are to blame. If Matt Cooke were on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I can't figure this out.

Vinny always looks like he is the best player on the ice.
(yes Stamkos gets the goals but Vinny just looks more awesome, all around)

I just don't get it. Is it injuries? or what? (for the lack of scorring points for, on paper, A stud))

btw ..... theres always the Magic talk when St. Louie and Vinny end up scorring together. But .... (and yes I have no stats to back up what I say). But in my head it seems like that magic just doesn't happen as often as we might think, while they are playing together. (I'm not sold that Vinny needs Louie)

Saying all this .... Vinny has had tremendous seasons and believe it or not at 32
you just don't go into a spiraling downfall.

He has it all and I'm going to boldly predict that he puts an unbeleivable season together
and ends up over 90 points.

Why?

Point one ........Because Stevie is putting a tremendous team together and Stamkos is going to get the main heat, giving Vinny some extra room.

Point two ....... The power play was horrible, last year. That will be corrected this year and will be a top 5, power play unit. (because of Matt, Map and Salo for starters and that the need for improvement needs attention) ... the studs we have will make this happen easialy. (and Vinny will be there on that first unit, the guy is unbeleivable on A power play if you have not noticed.

wat.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Vinny was demoted to the 2nd unit before (several times actually). Imagine what if he still had his onetimer from back in the days: Nonstop bombs from the left (Stammer) and right circle (Vinny). But since the shoulder injury it only occurs like once or twice per season that he actually winds it up like that anymore.

Well if his shoulder is finally 100% like he mentioned and he has his range of motion back, then it would seem likely that his one timer would be making a comeback this season. The PP might be able to tap into its potential.

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
What happened to Vincent Lecavalier?

hey guys, Flames fan coming in peace. i just just wondering what happened to vinny. i remember him being one the most dominant players in the came. i rarely hear about him anymore though. is he struggling or something??

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
hey guys, Flames fan coming in peace. i just just wondering what happened to vinny. i remember him being one the most dominant players in the came. i rarely hear about him anymore though. is he struggling or something??

He's injured a lot of the time. When Vinny is on, he is ON. That is to say, he's usually noticeable on the ice when he's on it. He's been one of our better players since he came back from injury. If not perhaps THE best besides Bishop.

He also REALLY helps our power play.

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
He's injured a lot of the time. When Vinny is on, he is ON. That is to say, he's usually noticeable on the ice when he's on it. He's been one of our better players since he came back from injury. If not perhaps THE best besides Bishop.

He also REALLY helps our power play.

yea this year hes not to bad 27 points in 32 games. i hope he continues that trend to next season. hes one of my favorite players

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He's lost a step with age but he is still one of the better puck handlers in the league. When he wants the puck, he's gonna keep it. Been injured and played with a bad foot injury for a while. Still almost PPG, so not bad. His days of lighting up the league are done though

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Injuries and age..

Still excellent 2nd line C when healthy.

Come on, he would be the first line center on most of the teams in the NHL. He is currently the 20th best center when it comes to the PPG rating. Only teams with 2 centers until his spot:
Pit, Van, Wsh and of course Tampa.
So he would be the #1 center on half of the teams in the NHL. And he is definitly good enough to do so :nod:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's still probably the most gifted and most skilled player on the team. There's so many little moves he does with and without the puck only very few players in this league can do. When he's healthy he's on. He's physical, using his size, scoring goals, creating chances for other players, playing D... Too bad he's injured a lot.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He's still probably the most gifted and most skilled player on the team. There's so many little moves he does with and without the puck only very few players in this league can do. When he's healthy he's on. He's physical, using his size, scoring goals, creating chances for other players, playing D... Too bad he's injured a lot.

Ehhh, I don't know if i'd go that far. Really, its his attitude that still holds him back at times.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Come on, he would be the first line center on most of the teams in the NHL. He is currently the 20th best center when it comes to the PPG rating. Only teams with 2 centers until his spot:
Pit, Van, Wsh and of course Tampa.
So he would be the #1 center on half of the teams in the NHL. And he is definitly good enough to do so :nod:

Which is why I said excellent 2nd line C. Bc it describes what he is for Tampa.

imo he would

ANA: 2nd line C
BOS: 1 A/B with Bergeron.
BUF: 1st line C
CGY 1st line C
CAR: 2nd line C.. maybe 1A/B combo with Eric Staal.
CHI: 2nd line C
COL: 2nd line, behind Duchene
CLB: 1st line C
DAL: 1A/B with Benn.
DET: He's behind Zett and Dats but I think he would be 2nd line C there, D and Z on 1st line as they are now.
EDM: Tough one.. I'd give the edge above RNH for now.
FLA: 1st line C
LA: 2nd line C.. maybe behind Richards. He's not what he was few years ago offensively.
MIN: 1 A/B with Koivu.. maybe slight edge for Koivu
MTL: 1st line C
NSH: 1st line C
NJD: 1st line C
NYI: 2nd line C
NYR: 1st line I guess.. Brad has fallen off and Stepan isn't above Vinny as of now.
OTT: 2nd line C
PHI: 2nd line C
PIT: 3rd line C
PHX: 1st line C
SJ: Tough one.. Behind JT.. arguable with Pavelski and Couture.
STL: 1st line C, slight edge above Backes. That's when healthy. Backes hasn't been as good this year.
VAN: Close with Kesler.. both have suffered from injuries but are great when healthy
WPG: I'd say 1st line C
WSH: Hard one with Ribeiro.. Ribs may produce more but Vinny beats him in every other category.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Canucks fan here. I journeyed over to your board for the same reason as the original poster: curiosity about Lecavalier. I've heard noises about the Lightning buying him out, but the consensus seems to be that when healthy he's still very valuable, which is more or less what I thought. Is the buyout stuff just media nonsense?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Canucks fan here. I journeyed over to your board for the same reason as the original poster: curiosity about Lecavalier. I've heard noises about the Lightning buying him out, but the consensus seems to be that when healthy he's still very valuable, which is more or less what I thought. Is the buyout stuff just media nonsense?

All the Lecavalier buyout talk has come from the media. Yzerman hasn't said a thing about buying anyone out. So imo he won't be boughtout. There's other moves we could do for cap relief if we had to, before attempting to move Vinny.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Which is why I said excellent 2nd line C. Bc it describes what he is for Tampa.

imo he would

ANA: 2nd line C
BOS: 1 A/B with Bergeron.
BUF: 1st line C
CGY 1st line C
CAR: 2nd line C.. maybe 1A/B combo with Eric Staal.
CHI: 2nd line C
COL: 2nd line, behind Duchene
CLB: 1st line C
DAL: 1A/B with Benn.
DET: He's behind Zett and Dats but I think he would be 2nd line C there, D and Z on 1st line as they are now.
EDM: Tough one.. I'd give the edge above RNH for now.
FLA: 1st line C
LA: 2nd line C.. maybe behind Richards. He's not what he was few years ago offensively.
MIN: 1 A/B with Koivu.. maybe slight edge for Koivu
MTL: 1st line C
NSH: 1st line C
NJD: 1st line C
NYI: 2nd line C
NYR: 1st line I guess.. Brad has fallen off and Stepan isn't above Vinny as of now.
OTT: 2nd line C
PHI: 2nd line C
PIT: 3rd line C
PHX: 1st line C
SJ: Tough one.. Behind JT.. arguable with Pavelski and Couture.
STL: 1st line C, slight edge above Backes. That's when healthy. Backes hasn't been as good this year.
VAN: Close with Kesler.. both have suffered from injuries but are great when healthy
WPG: I'd say 1st line C
WSH: Hard one with Ribeiro.. Ribs may produce more but Vinny beats him in every other category.

I hope you mean as a 2nd line C, Vinny's close to Ribeiro. In no world is Ribeiro or Vinny better than Backstrom (maybe 2006-08 Vinny was).

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
All the Lecavalier buyout talk has come from the media. Yzerman hasn't said a thing about buying anyone out. So imo he won't be boughtout. There's other moves we could do for cap relief if we had to, before attempting to move Vinny.

Thanks very much, DaysOf.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I think the buyout talk is driven by the ability to recoup SO much cap space without penalty (other than the actual dollars paid), ~$55m if done this offseason and ~$45m if done next. Cap savings thereafter are less than $10m any given year despite being still owed well in excess of that. The penalty vs. cap hit doesn't become manageable again until the last two years of the deal as far as a buyout goes. So, its either buy him out this year or next, or eat it until the end.

Cap recapture rules on the old 'retirement' contracts make trading him all but impossible for the Lightning to risk, even as it becomes a more and more enticing option for potential trade partners the further along in his contract he gets.

End of the day, I think he remains a Bolt for the rest of his career and am fine with that if thats how it goes.

A thoroughly comprehensive look at the numbers involved was recently posted at boltsprospects.com. If interested I recommend giving it a look see...

http://www.boltprospects.com/content/making-ene-vincent-lecavaliers-future-tampa-bay-lightning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad