Recalled/Assigned: Vinni Lettieri recalled from Hartford (Recalled Again 1/12)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
In many ways, he's my third favorite forward prospect outside of Andersson and Chytil.

While I don't project him as a top 6 guy, I think the elements of his game - namely his hustle, relentlessness and ability to chip in some points, could translate well.
He looks like a Top Six forward to me. He has a nose for the puck and a good shot. Plays responsibly defensively. I think the only negatives are sample size of course and pedigree. Maybe he’s a bit on the small side? I don’t know. But to me he’s looking good.

Reactions: bl02

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m happy with Vinni I like his skillset and the plays he brings even though he have something to learn about defense, but he is so young. A very promising player for our future for sure, and I hope he gained a good amount of of confidence with those 3 NHL games, and 2 points as well. Hopefully he will be recalled again - and one those below the radar players who can really compete in this league and brings 130% effort each game - a heart player.

Reactions: Igright

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Think vinni is back for the first practice and weekend games. He looked like he could play during the pre-season and recent NHL games. He needs to bring his energy into checking from the defensive side of the puck in neutral and d-zone.
Would like to see Graves although he was not a standout during pre-season however all eyes were on DeAngelo and Pionk.
Already seen DeAngelo but a look at Pionk would be good.
If Graves and/or Pionk can be worked in along with Litteri at least as young energetic depth players then maybe a deal or two can

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Vinni was on the ice in the final shift in Vegas. He even made a shot several seconds before the end of the game. It seemed AV trusted him. I thouht he'd stay with the team. I hope he'll come back. I like the way he plays.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
As expected. Not sure why people read so into him going back to play a couple games during the Rangers' bye week.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I agree that they shouldn't be spending any significant assets on a rental. Looking at what appears to be the mindset behind the Stepan trade, I'm expecting Gorton not to do that regardless. If our game is rolling and we are starting to look like contenders around the deadline, I'm fine with a small move or two for veteran depth.

But yeah, if you think that Gorton going after a big name rental is a real possibility, then I definitely get where you're coming from.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Actually they should... just take a bad contract from a buyer for a 2nd or 3rd so they can take on another contract. #gainassets

Trade away:
Nash
Grabner
Holden
Desharnais
Vesey

Bad contracts to take on if the reward is worth it:
Lupul
Clowe
Grabovski

Reactions: Inferno

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Actually they should... just take a bad contract from a buyer for a 2nd or 3rd so they can take on another contract. #gainassets

True, I considered that, but if Nash goes, I don't see why we couldn't take a bad contract, and still not need cap-space.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This team shouldn't need any cap-space at the deadline.

PB: It's funny I didn't mean to look at it from that angle. It was a win-win. He gets to play another game in the AHL, and they save more on cap.

Free or easy money in life is always important, you never know when you may need it.

As for the trade deadline: it's not a question of what they should do, unless they stink up the joint starting tomorrow until Feb 28th, they're going to buy, probably some expiring UFAs who are on big contracts to help with the depth for middle or late round picks. That's the reality.

The extra money will help, and that's what it's there for.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I like Lettieiri...has been a stretch since we had a pure shoot first forward and he had couple of goal posts on the weekend . Fora club that does not score many of late....we should find opportunities for him as often as we can in those offensive zone situations and on the PP .

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He's a little rough in the neutral and offensive zone but nothing some coaching can't fix.

In other words...he's a lost cause with this team.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad