Value of: Vincent Trochek

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The Panthers have really struggled of late and look like they could be in line for a lottery pick. If they were to land Hughes or Kakko, would it be plausible for them to make Trochek available. Barkov is the clear #1 and they already have Borgstrom looking solid. They could use one of them to address their D and goaltending needs

What would the price of Trocheck be in this hypothetical scenario? Or do Panthers fans think they would instead look to trade the pick or move Borgstrom?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Its a stretch, but I keep mulling over Bob and Panarin for Trochek, Lou, good prospect, and picks...

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This isn’t defense, but a base around

Voracek - Trochek (with +/-) to even it out be acceptable?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Post #2 hit the nail on the head, Trouba makes sense. I'd do Pesce+ or Parayko for Trocheck. Maybe Hamilton as well. Trocheck only leaves to get a top 4 RD back and is only moved if Borgstrom can show enough the rest of the season to warrant taking over #2C.

The Panthers have really struggled of late and look like they could be in line for a lottery pick. If they were to land Hughes or Kakko, would it be plausible for them to make Trochek available. Barkov is the clear #1 and they already have Borgstrom looking solid. They could use one of them to address their D and goaltending needs

What would the price of Trocheck be in this hypothetical scenario? Or do Panthers fans think they would instead look to trade the pick or move Borgstrom?

Could be possible but I doubt we're bad enough to land a top 3 pick, we will unfortunately slot in somewhere around 7th to 14th.

Edler + tanev

Pretty easy no for me.

Its a stretch, but I keep mulling over Bob and Panarin for Trochek, Lou, good prospect, and picks...

Couldn't FLA just wait for both of them to become UFA's? Both have rumors attached to them FLA is on their list of destinations.

This isn’t defense, but a base around

Voracek - Trochek (with +/-) to even it out be acceptable?

Why though? Adding offense isn't a pressing need for us, we get older, more expensive and trade a #2c for a winger?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Post #2 hit the nail on the head, Trouba makes sense. I'd do Pesce+ or Parayko for Trocheck. Maybe Hamilton as well. Trocheck only leaves to get a top 4 RD back and is only moved if Borgstrom can show enough the rest of the season to warrant taking over #2C.

Could be possible but I doubt we're bad enough to land a top 3 pick, we will unfortunately slot in somewhere around 7th to 14th.

Pretty easy no for me.

Couldn't FLA just wait for both of them to become UFA's? Both have rumors attached to them FLA is on their list of destinations.

Why though? Adding offense isn't a pressing need for us, we get older, more expensive and trade a #2c for a winger?

Because we asked nicely? :D

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

I was going to suggest a Pesce base as he's a Top 4 RHD locked up long-term at a similar price (he'd be a really nice fit in the context of Florida's defense), but I'm so used to a certain fanbase trashing him, I thought better of it.

Interesting to see his name mentioned. Florida and Carolina make good trading partners if there's a match to be found somewhere.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I was going to suggest a Pesce base as he's a Top 4 RHD locked up long-term at a similar price (he'd be a really nice fit in the context of Florida's defense), but I'm so used to a certain fanbase trashing him, I thought better of it.

Interesting to see his name mentioned. Florida and Carolina make good trading partners if there's a match to be found somewhere.

It'd have to be an enticing + for FLA. Having the potential for a 3 headed monster of Barkov-Trocheck-Borgstrom may be too good to pass up. Borgstrom could also shift to wing as well if management want maximum production.
We dearly miss Trocheck right now but our defense and goaltending are leaking a ton of goals, may reason we aren't higher in the standings.

Can you rank Pesce in terms of defensive skill among your top 6 defensemen for me?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It'd have to be an enticing + for FLA. Having the potential for a 3 headed monster of Barkov-Trocheck-Borgstrom may be too good to pass up. Borgstrom could also shift to wing as well if management want maximum production.
We dearly miss Trocheck right now but our defense and goaltending are leaking a ton of goals, may reason we aren't higher in the standings.

Can you rank Pesce in terms of defensive skill among your top 6 defensemen for me?

Slavin
Pesce/de Haan
Faulk
Hamilton/van Riemsdyk

Slavin makes legitimate impact plays on the defensive side of the puck. He hasn't been as consistent as he was in 16/17, but he can be as good as it gets on that side of the puck. Pesce and de Haan play quieter games. Mistakes are few and far between. Pesce's only weaknesses are that he's not particularly physical and he's vulnerable at times to high speed forwards coming in at max speed; this is noticeable when the Rangers do cross-corner dumps with Kreider. It's not something that be a factor in most games, however.

Faulk has rebounded and looks closer to the 11/12 -13/14 version of himself; he slimmed down in the offseason and the added mobility has helped. Hamilton is generally solid, but can have some miserable games. van Riemsdyk is fine, but is unproven in Top 4 minutes.

Carolina has given up ~2.72 GA/G in games not started by Scott Darling. That's a good group playing in front of Mrazek and McElhinney.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Slavin
Pesce/de Haan
Faulk
Hamilton/van Riemsdyk

Slavin makes legitimate impact plays on the defensive side of the puck. He hasn't been as consistent as he was in 16/17, but he can be as good as it gets on that side of the puck. Pesce and de Haan play quieter games. Mistakes are few and far between. Pesce's only weaknesses are that he's not particularly physical and he's vulnerable at times to high speed forwards coming in at max speed; this is noticeable when the Rangers do cross-corner dumps with Kreider. It's not something that be a factor in most games, however.

Faulk has rebounded and looks closer to the 11/12 -13/14 version of himself; he slimmed down in the offseason and the added mobility has helped. Hamilton is generally solid, but can have some miserable games. van Riemsdyk is fine, but is unproven in Top 4 minutes.

Carolina has given up ~2.72 GA/G in games not started by Scott Darling. That's a good group playing in front of Mrazek and McElhinney.

Ya only Slavin or Pesce would be of interest from a FLA pov. Don't know what + to consider for Pesce though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's not going to be available but if he could bring back a high end young D-man he should.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

Pretty easy no for me.

You could wait for UFA but if you traded for them you would have a HUGE advantage in having both. They are legit best friends. Bob doesnt nessasarily care about the team he plays for as long as he is paid and they are competitive. So in UFA its a bidding war with a trade its show me the money. Panarin wants to play in NY I think 1st but is open to the FLA option because the weather and russian community. With Bob there and having the cash and the chance to play with Barkov you have the by far odds on chance.

As far as the other part of your post you saod top 4 RHD. We have Savard as a solid mid pairing guy definitely not Trouba level but we have some very solod prospects to offer along with a mod to late 1st. If you dont want Bob we do have likely the deepest G prospect pool. Have a look at our prospects and see what you like. Abromov, Davidsson, Marchenko, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad