Vincent Trocheck: How's he doing?

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
Hey guys,

Haven't watched much of the Panthers game but how is Trocheck doing? Who's he playing with mostly?

Good? Because his stats doesn't show it.

Picked him up off shortly after he came back from injury.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bad season for him overall, and that was even before injury. He had a brief spell (about 5 or so games) coming back from injury where he galvanised the team. Most of the season he's been poor defensively, hockey IQ seems off, can't use his wingers, and he's not even scoring!

Hopefully he comes back strong next season. He needs to!

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I'm not the biggest Trocheck fan in the world. His contract is what makes him so valuable.

Him not getting PP1 time hurts his numbers big time because he's not much of a 5on5 producer.

I think if we get Pannarin we'll try him with Tro.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
One thing is for sure Trocheck is not easy to play with. He needs wingers that are grinders ala Sceviour, Hawryluk and McGinn that's when he plays best IMO. It's not such a bad thing when you think about it because it means you don't have to sign super skilled ($$$) guys to play alongside your good offensive player.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
One thing is for sure Trocheck is not easy to play with. He needs wingers that are grinders ala Sceviour, Hawryluk and McGinn that's when he plays best IMO. It's not such a bad thing when you think about it because it means you don't have to sign super skilled ($$$) guys to play alongside your good offensive player.
Seems a bunch of people have been putting that line together themselves...wonder why our professional hasn't thought about it.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014

That Smith-Tro-Jokinen line was pretty awesome combo, and none of them was grinders. But gotta admit also that after that Tro haven't found any matching linemates.

Reactions: I am not exposed

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Seems a bunch of people have been putting that line together themselves...wonder why our professional hasn't thought about it.

Well he has played with Hawryluk and at times Sceviour recently I think McGinn has been on his line ? He plays well with them at least better than with Dadonov, Huberdeau and Hoffman.

As to your question why the professionals haven’t put it together I’d say it has to do with ice time allocation. Boogie man wants his top players to play most of the game with Trocheck being a center if you break up his line that means Vatrano and Hoffman got demoted to the “third” line and have to play with either Sheahan or Borgstrom as their center. If we had a center that was truly capable of being a second like center, than Trocheck would be moved to a line with guys who he can have chemistry with.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
That Smith-Tro-Jokinen line was pretty awesome combo, and none of them was grinders. But gotta admit also that after that Tro haven't found any matching linemates.

At least in the case of Smith he isn’t a traditional grinder per se but he is a forechecking forward who battles in the corners hence why Gallant loved him so much he plays his kinda game

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Trocheck would be better used like Vatrano and Hoff. Barky, Hubie and Borg are the playmakers and Tro could be better for the team as a sniper than a creator. (I don’t mean to suggest splitting Barky and Hubie, just a comparison.)

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
We should offer sheet Point then trade Trocheck for a d-man

Kinda agree, I like how Vatrano is playing and frankly do we need a Tro like style player over a D man right now. Side note Mcginn and Bugjstad showed up big for Pitt the other night sigh......

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Any updates on Trocheck?

Better as of his last 10 games (1 goal and 5pts) but his skating still looks labored, has lost some of his explosiveness. Hopefully a good off-season to rest and come back fresh will help his leg fully heal.
Still makes some silly plays (blind passes/doesn't use linemates enough aka puckhog) and has looked disinterested this whole year.

Been hard to find some chemistry for him but at worst he's still a 50-60pt C, may be difficult for him to hit 70pts again as Borgstrom could possibly pass him in the depth chart in a year or two. Plus the offense here isn't an issue so his production may get further diluted due to how many goal scorers and depth we will have once Tippett, Heponiemi and other prospects start getting their shot. Signing Panarin may be a decent attempt to get Tro back ON.

Wouldn't mind to see a Dadonov - Trocheck - Panarin line if possible. Don't see him moved unless it's for a #2/3 RD.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Short version:

Snapped his ankle in half, underwent surgery, came back too soon, and now he's playing some of the worst hockey of his career. This season can't end soon enough. However Trocheck is a fighter. I expect him to rehab over the summer and return to a proper second line center come next season.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Short version:

Snapped his ankle in half, underwent surgery, came back too soon, and now he's playing some of the worst hockey of his career. This season can't end soon enough. However Trocheck is a fighter. I expect him to rehab over the summer and return to a proper second line center come next season.
He was also playing some of the worst hockey of his career before the injury.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Better as of his last 10 games (1 goal and 5pts) but his skating still looks labored, has lost some of his explosiveness. Hopefully a good off-season to rest and come back fresh will help his leg fully heal.
Still makes some silly plays (blind passes/doesn't use linemates enough aka puckhog) and has looked disinterested this whole year.

Been hard to find some chemistry for him but at worst he's still a 50-60pt C, may be difficult for him to hit 70pts again as Borgstrom could possibly pass him in the depth chart in a year or two. Plus the offense here isn't an issue so his production may get further diluted due to how many goal scorers and depth we will have once Tippett, Heponiemi and other prospects start getting their shot. Signing Panarin may be a decent attempt to get Tro back ON.

Wouldn't mind to see a Dadonov - Trocheck - Panarin line if possible. Don't see him moved unless it's for a #2/3 RD.

Wouldn't mind as well. It would be hard to suck with these guys, but Bob is a higher priority, and signing him and Panarin will make the team very unbalanced toward forwards.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad