Value of: Vince Dunn

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
2 2nds or late first in crap draft.

Dunn isn't worth 2 X 2nd, nor a 1st, no matter the draft...

1 X 2nd, a 3rd + b prospect maybe, Dman that can't play defense aren't worth that much, See Ghost

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

1 X 2nd, a 3rd + b prospect maybe, Dman that can't play defense aren't worth that much, See Ghost
Funny you say that cause when ghost first started people claimed he was better than parayko. Any way like those peeps your opinion is off. Dunn can play defense but is average his puck moving skills and scoring g is above average. All there is to it.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Dunn needs to be paired with a more defensive righty on second pair most years he would have brought in a later first easy or high second but with expansion draft no one wants to trade and have to protect him. Otherwise I think he would have been moved by now. imo

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I've really liked Dunn's game lately. The Blues might not make the playoffs, but, going forward, they need a defensive lineup that doesn't have Bortuzzo in the top 6, not a lineup where Bortuzzo might be deployed as #5. Walman has been good and Mikkola is serviceable, but I'm not ready to shed depth. Unless the Blues have big free agency plans, I hope they can keep Dunn and use picks or some other sort of deal to keep him from being snagged by Seattle.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
He would look good on the Sens. Our second is basically a late first. I would do our 2nd in 2021 + 3rd in 2022.

Dunn would look good today, but the truth is we look to be stacked at LHD with Chabot, Brannstrom and Sanderson. We really, and desperately, need RHD.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I'm just curious what the Blues would want for him?
He's likely bait for Seattle, and we would prefer that in order to protect Sundqvist, or vice-versa. So unless we can get back something that would make losing BOTH worth it, we shouldn't trade Dunn.

STL Blues' needs are top-4 LHD with the ability to play shutdown defense and transition (offensive production isn't a concern), and a Top-9 winger that can play a strong two-way game with a touch of goal-scoring. We may also be interested in futures that would be impact players sooner rather than later. If it's picks, the Blues shouldn't be moving Dunn for less than some sort of first, and then would hopefully use that pick to improve the current roster in a subsequent trade.

Reactions: stl76

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's likely bait for Seattle, and we would prefer that in order to protect Sundqvist, or vice-versa. So unless we can get back something that would make losing BOTH worth it, we shouldn't trade Dunn.

STL Blues' needs are top-4 LHD with the ability to play shutdown defense and transition (offensive production isn't a concern), and a Top-9 winger that can play a strong two-way game with a touch of goal-scoring. We may also be interested in futures that would be impact players sooner rather than later. If it's picks, the Blues shouldn't be moving Dunn for less than some sort of first, and then would hopefully use that pick to improve the current roster in a subsequent trade.
what from wpg would interest you for dunn?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

Dunn is nowhere near as bad at defense as Ghost. Dunn, despite some Blues' fans perspectives, is actually GOOD at defense, though not enough to win you the game that way. His transition game is very good, and his skating is fantastic. He hasn't been able to drive our powerplay, but then again, neither has Torey freakin Krug. Dunn is generally underrated by Blues fans.

Reactions: LGB and The Note

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Dunn is not worth a 1st, he's Ghost like, who's just been through waivers.

Do not see SEA picking Dunn either, considerign FRancis ahs been adamant saying he's not going to take on bad contracts unless paired w/ 1st + prospects

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Dunn is not worth a 1st, he's Ghost like, who's just been through waivers.

Do not see SEA picking Dunn either, considerign FRancis ahs been adamant saying he's not going to take on bad contracts/players unless paired w/ 1st + prospects

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

Dunn is nowhere near as bad at defense as Ghost. Dunn, despite some Blues' fans perspectives, is actually GOOD at defense, though not enough to win you the game that way. His transition game is very good, and his skating is fantastic. He hasn't been able to drive our powerplay, but then again, neither has Torey freakin Krug. Dunn is generally underrated by Blues fans.
what from wpg would interest you for dunn?
Nothing that you're going to want to give up. There's no defenseman hockeytrade to be made here, and I don't think trading (what will soon again be) in-division would be cheap. The best I can come up with rather than picks would be Vesalainen(+?).

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Nothing that you're going to want to give up. There's no defenseman hockeytrade to be made here, and I don't think trading (what will soon again be) in-division would be cheap. The best I can come up with rather than picks would be Vesalainen(+?).
id do vesalainen+ for dunn.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Dunn is garbage. When he isn't producing offensively, he's a negative asset. You're not getting a 1st for d-man like that, cause there proably 30teams out there that have 3 better d-man they'd protect before protecting Dunn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad