Value of: Vince Dunn

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Just curious why this thread is still ongoing...the possibility of a Dunn trade was gone the minute Pietrangelo signed with Vegas....

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Just curious why this thread is still ongoing...the possibility of a Dunn trade was gone the minute Pietrangelo signed with Vegas....

1- We signed a guy who plays a very similar game in Krug.
2- We currently have Gunnarson, Bortuzzo, Dunn, Mikkola and Perunovich fighting for time on our 3rd pairing. Pretty good odds that one of them gets moved; and Dunn has by far the most trade value.

Reactions: TK 421

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

Well, we actually will need to add a top 6 capable forward if Tank is out most of the season; that's the number 1 concern now.

If we have extra space to sign Dunn, that probably means Tarasenko is on LTIR most of the season (could be Steen as well), which means we will need another forward.

So this would mean that we either move Dunn for a comparable young forward, or move him for futures so that we can have cap space too sign UFA.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Would you entertain a deal that sends Shakir Mukhamadullin to the Blues?

To NJ:
Vince Dunn
STL 2021 3rd round pick

To STL:
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Janne Kuokkanen

just not sure that they'd trade him 10 days after picking him in the 1st round

I would probably offer something like NYI 2nd and Kuokkanen for Dunn

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Is a Jake Virtanen for Dunn a fair trade?

I could see it being a fair trade in the eyes of some NHL GM's, but I want nothing to do with Virtanen. Even though his production is solid, I think he's a brainless player and it drives me nuts watching him do stupid things all night.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I could see it being a fair trade in the eyes of some NHL GM's, but I want nothing to do with Virtanen. Even though his production is solid, I think he's a brainless player and it drives me nuts watching him do stupid things all night.
I’m a Canuck’s fan, and think the same about Virtanen. He’s got the very rare combination of size and incredible speed, and a great shot. Very frustrating player to watch for sure. I really like Dunn. He’s got skill, and can play with some bite too.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Speaking as a Blues fan to Sabres fans: would a deal centered around Dunn and Mittelstadt work?

I don’t mean this to be a troll, I’m genuinely asking.

Wasn’t part of the reason for our last trade that Middlestadt was being groomed? Have things really changed that much in Buffalo or do you just really like Vince Dunn?

Seems bad for them

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

Yeah, agreed;

Virtanen is the forward version of Faulk; I would stay away as far as I can.

Reactions: simon IC

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, agreed;

Virtanen is the forward version of Faulk; I would stay away as far as I can.

I think Faulk's quite a bit smarter than that, relatively speaking. Virtanen, in my mind, is closer to a guy like EJ or maybe Dillon or Zadorov. Impressive tools, underwhelming player.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
1- We signed a guy who plays a very similar game in Krug.
2- We currently have Gunnarson, Bortuzzo, Dunn, Mikkola and Perunovich fighting for time on our 3rd pairing. Pretty good odds that one of them gets moved; and Dunn has by far the most trade value.
I hope i'm misunderstanding on what you saying.
I t sound like you saying Krug plays a very similar game to Pietrangelo .
FACT,he plays nothing like Pietrangelo.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I don’t mean this to be a troll, I’m genuinely asking.

Wasn’t part of the reason for our last trade that Middlestadt was being groomed? Have things really changed that much in Buffalo or do you just really like Vince Dunn?

Seems bad for them

Um...I’m a Blues fan. I was just curious about Mittelstadt.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

He's saying Krug plays a similar game to Dunn. They overlap in what they bring to the blues

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

You are.
The subject of the thread is Dunn. Krug is pretty literally exactly what we hope Dunn turns in to.
There are very few scenarios that I can think of where you want two player that play exactly the same way; and it certainly doesn't apply with Krug/Dunn.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
With the limited amount of teams that can afford him, and the limited amount of teams that also would protect with from Vegas...I think some of the offers in this thread are way too high.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’d be ecstatic if the bruins gave up a 1st for him, he would be perfect for them right now

Aim higher if giving up a first. I don’t want to give up a 1st for Dunn and giving Gryz to Seattle. If I am giving Gryz to Seattle, I want it to be worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad