Value of: Vince Dunn

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Dunn looks to be the odd man out with the Krug signing and with other prospects in the system.

There was a lot of talk about Dunn on this board leading up the the draft that ended up not materializing in a trade.

Now that the draft has come and gone and the squeeze that is occurring league-wide from COVID, what does the trade market look like?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Dunn looks to be the odd man out with the Krug signing and with other prospects in the system.

There was a lot of talk about Dunn on this board leading up the the draft that ended up not materializing in a trade.

Now that the draft has come and gone and the squeeze that is occurring league-wide from COVID, what does the trade market look like?

What is St. Louis looking for? Futures?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Someone compared him to Brodie ? I thought he plays a heavier game and is more defense orientated?
I cannot see the Blues moving him unless they cannot move Bozak / Steen .

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Someone compared him to Brodie ? I thought he plays a heavier game and is more defense orientated?
Nah he’s an offensive d-man. Not very good defensively.

I don't see a pressing need to trade him, he'll get a meager raise at best.
it’s not necessarily that we’re worried about the cost. It’s that there isn’t room for him. With the signing of Krug, he’s basically a better version of Dunn. And him, Parayko, Faulk and Scandella make up our top 4. Niko Mikkola should be on the team as well, and Gunnarsson and Bortuzzo are cheap vets while we let Scott Perunovich marinate in the AHL. Once Perunovich becomes NHL ready, that’s another small, offensive d-man similar to Krug. So having all three of them in the lineup would hurt us defensively. Thus it makes sense to move Dunn for a forward that can score and help ease the loss of Tarasenko.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
not sure i get why st louis would trade this guy right now in such a tight market where so many teams will want to match the salary going back. don't they have tons of ltir to sign him?

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
With the threat of an Offer Sheet, could St Louis really demand anything more than a 2nd?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Brodie is a pretty good defender actually. He doesn't play any sort of heavy game though. Dunn skates like Brodie. Not quite as good defensively, but he might get there.

Reactions: rumrokh

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Jack Roslovic / Vince Dunn as a base?

Oops...Thought he was a RHD

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Dunn for Tage Thompson?

Buffalo needs LHD, Cozens is probably starting the season on RW and Olofsson will have to flip wings with Hall signing. He's cost controlled and familiar with the Blues Org

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
With the threat of an Offer Sheet, could St Louis really demand anything more than a 2nd?

With Tarasenko and Steen going on LTIR the Blues have more than enough capspace to match. Not saying I'd be happy if we have to do that, but we can.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Wish our GM had got him included in the Allen deal. We need to shed some salary but if we can I’d do our 2 x 2021 2nds plus Kulak (if you want a replacement LHD, signed 2 more years at $1.8/per, if not take him out but he doesn’t look out of place playing with Petry who’s similar to Faulk).

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Wish our GM had got him included in the Allen deal. We need to shed some salary but if we can I’d do our 2 x 2021 2nds plus Kulak (if you want a replacement LHD, signed 2 more years at $1.8/per, if not take him out but he doesn’t look out of place playing with Petry who’s similar to Faulk).

Dunn could be available because we have a surplus of left handed D. It doesnt make sense to deal him for another LHD. I don't mind a deal around the two 2021 2nd's, but I'd rather add another pick or prospect instead of Kulak.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dunn could be available because we have a surplus of left handed D. It doesnt make sense to deal him for another LHD. I don't mind a deal around the two 2021 2nd's, but I'd rather add another pick or prospect instead of Kulak.
Easy done, what position is a need? For a prospect that is

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Dunn for Tage Thompson?

Buffalo needs LHD, Cozens is probably starting the season on RW and Olofsson will have to flip wings with Hall signing. He's cost controlled and familiar with the Blues Org

He might be cost controlled, but he's nowhere near the quality of player. Thompson would be a throw-in for Dunn, not a base (and a throw-in they don't really need).

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->