Value of: Vince Dunn

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Oh gee!! A fanbase was impressed by their young D who was somehow even more astronomically sheltered than usual in those playoffs. Wow. If only I believed every fanbase who dramatically overvalues their astronomically sheltered young D. If the coaches felt the same way the fans do maybe they would have sent him out for some DZ starts. Maybe they would have played him up the lineup. Now of course they did sometimes like in game 6 of the finals when he and Pietro were lit up 3 times in 6 shifts over 12 minutes. Or like why after his supposedly amazballs playoffs in 2019 the coaching staff of the Blues had so little trust in him that he was the third most sheltered full-time D-man in his third full season and they brought in Scandella at the trade deadline to take away minutes from him.

Maybe the people you should be mad are the Blues coaching staff because they don't see things like you do at all.
They brought in scandella because faulk wasn't working out in the keft side and Jaybo is sidelined with heart condition lol. Once again shows how little you actually know.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
There is no point in talking to trollie trollerton any more. He is the only person who feels the way he does. He isnt using stats or advanced stats. He is using his personal eye test and seems to be the only one with this skewed opinion on dunn. He realizes nobody agrees with him and still continues to force feed his opinion. Nothing more than a troll

Ya got me there.

If we had to trade Dunn, I wouldn't be unhappy with a pick in the 15-24 range because I feel like where we're at is after a bit of a drop-off in talent in current mocks. And if we can only keep Petro by dealing Dunn.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Is he the guy who got turnstiled by Horvat in the playoffs? The Blues are a pretty strong defensive team so I’m guessing I shouldn’t use that series to judge him but he did look like he struggled defensively at times.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Ya got me there.

If we had to trade Dunn, I wouldn't be unhappy with a pick in the 15-24 range because I feel like where we're at is after a bit of a drop-off in talent in current mocks. And if we can only keep Petro by dealing Dunn.
Agreed. We also have lack of young talent coming in. If we could get 2 really good prospects out of this draft that could be ready in a year or two then we keep our window open. With petro and parayko dunn can go with out hurting. Especially with peronovich coming

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Is he the guy who got turnstiled by Horvat in the playoffs? The Blues are a pretty strong defensive team so I’m guessing I shouldn’t use that series to judge him but he did look like he struggled defensively at times.
Bad series. Turns out he had covid in July couldn't train or practice. Seemed a step behind. Apparently roughly 20% of the team including parayko had it. I dont want to make excuses but the team in general looked lackadaisical during the entire playing.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He actually IS good defensively, especially with his stick.
He’s not, though. That’s why he’s sheltered in a third pairing role and is the only defenseman on the team that doesn’t kill penalties.

That’s not happening just because. There’s a reason for it.

Reactions: TK 421

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Montreal's first might be on the table, although reading this thread makes me want to do some deeper scouting on Dunn.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I’m pretty sure Horvat turnstyled the whole team about 10 times that series :laugh:

But yes the worst was on Dunn. But with that being said about 95% of the roster played worse than any of them had individually in a calendar year. Recovering from Covid or simply an oddity in circumstances may it be, making an assessment on any of the players from this playoffs is not very accurate. Just a weird situation in general

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Dunn is coming off of his ELC and doesn't have arbitration rights. It literally makes no sense to trade him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Dunn is coming off of his ELC and doesn't have arbitration rights. It literally makes no sense to trade him.
For the most part but if blues get something of value while losing his 3 mil on the cap so its easier to resign petro then i can see it. For the most part this is just a hypothetical.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

It'd make more sense if teams had any guts to offer sheet him, but I doubt it happens. With Tarasenko destined for LTIR, likely Steen as well, St Louis really doesn't have much in the way of cap problems at this exact moment, even if they try and re-sign AP, so I would imagine at this point that a Dunn trade would be unlikely unless they just feel that they can capitalize on value and have an immediate in-house replacement.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The Blues have an in house replacement in Niko Mikkola who not only can easily replace Dunn's 3rd pairing minutes, he's also a strong candidate to replace Jay Bouwmeester on the 2nd pairing as a shut down LD with Parayko. That may not happen right away but it's a job Dunn couldn't even attempt.

Dunn is pure currency for the draft imo.

Reactions: RicoxSuave

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The Blues have an in house replacement in Niko Mikkola who not only can easily replace Dunn's 3rd pairing minutes, he's also a strong candidate to replace Jay Bouwmeester on the 2nd pairing as a shut down LD with Parayko. That may not happen right away but it's a job Dunn couldn't even attempt.

Dunn is pure currency for the draft imo.
Agreed. Dunn is an offensive dman who scored 30+ pts on limited playing time. He has a physical side and unfortunately just not as important as parayko and petro.

Reactions: TK 421

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It'd make more sense if teams had any guts to offer sheet him, but I doubt it happens. With Tarasenko destined for LTIR, likely Steen as well, St Louis really doesn't have much in the way of cap problems at this exact moment, even if they try and re-sign AP, so I would imagine at this point that a Dunn trade would be unlikely unless they just feel that they can capitalize on value and have an immediate in-house replacement.

I thi k you are right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->