Value of: Vince Dunn

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To be honest, the shine on Dunn has dulled after watching him in the playins. Not sure if he had a bad series or if this the true Dunn? When Scandella is playing ahead of Dunn, there are problems.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Why would the Blues even consider trading a young, and very good, D - like Dunn?
If he was a RSD I’d love him on the Canucks.
I'm not sure they would. If blues resign petro we would need cap. We also have a gent named peronovich coming up on elc. With mikola scandella. Its just hypothetical.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Lol ok thanks for the input your right one mediocre series.

And again, just being honest. I haven't watched a lot of Dunn in the regular season. Only the playins. I had a lot of interest from a pure statistical standpoint. Then was disappointed after watching him.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Make your best offer that includes a 2020 1st round pick. There is no dumps coming back or going with dunn.
Carolina 1st+Libor Hajek, in all honesty just threw in a prospect IDK what the ask would be outside of the 1st.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
To be honest, the shine on Dunn has dulled after watching him in the playins. Not sure if he had a bad series or if this the true Dunn? When Scandella is playing ahead of Dunn, there are problems.
Dunn had COVID in July.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And again, just being honest. I haven't watched a lot of Dunn in the regular season. Only the playins. I had a lot of interest from a pure statistical standpoint. Then was disappointed after watching him.
He’s usually better than that, but he’s still an offensive defenseman. He isn’t good defensively.

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
It was reported in St Louis Dunn had the coronavirus , that was why he missed time up in the bubble. As a Blues fan it makes no sense not to resign him, they still control his rights, sign him to a bridge deal. Is a top four d-man right now.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

You don't get credit for being honest when that honest appraisal entirely revolves around a useless sample size. The only players on the Blues who looked remotely like themselves were O'Reilly, Schenn, Schwartz, Faulk, Perron, and Allen.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I look forward to your disappointment when you find out what Dunn's real value is.

Not really, I guess as disappointed as I was with allen getting a 3rd. Especially when blues where going to have to give up a pick or prospect to move him right?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I wouldn't dream of offering anything close to a first (let alone a 1st+) for an astronomically sheltered, soon to be 24-years-old LHD.

you shouldn't hold grudges for losing orielly for basically nothing. be upset that jack e is ready to leave or even have sour grapes that its been almost a decade since Buffalo made the playoffs. If you didn't have an offer dont troll and move along.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Not really, I guess as disappointed as I was with allen getting a 3rd. Especially when blues where going to have to give up a pick or prospect to move him right?

A good goalie is completely different than one of the most sheltered 3rd-pairing Ds in the league - and still that sheltered at 23 years old.

And I never felt or said that the Blues were going to have difficulty moving Allen, and actually I have repeatedly said that the Blues would have little problem moving out salary, so you can go piss up a tree with your throwing a tantrum like a 2-year-old.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
A good goalie is completely different than one of the most sheltered 3rd-pairing Ds in the league - and still that sheltered at 23 years old.

And I never felt or said that the Blues were going to have difficulty moving Allen, and actually I have repeatedly said that the Blues would have little problem moving out salary, so you can go piss up a tree with your throwing a tantrum like a 2-year-old.

No one is throwing a tantrum. I am merely calling you out for your apparent disdain and bad opinion on a great young dman. You seem to be the only one making this assessment. Its funny you sound like some of the people who thought parayko was a fluke and sheltered. Not comparing the two. It just seems that you are bhurt about something

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Vancouver's first. That's it. Get back to me if someone beats it.

Last edited:

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
No one is throwing a tantrum. I am merely calling you out for your apparent disdain and bad opinion on a great young dman. You seem to be the only one making this assessment. Its funny you sound like some of the people who thought parayko was a fluke and sheltered. Not comparing the two. It just seems that you are bhurt about something

You have been responding to completely unrelated posts of mine in other threads with your juvenile tantrum. You make up things about me, like saying that I must be one of the those people who believed that the Blues were going to need to add to get rid of Allen, and that I must be one of those people who thought that Parayko was sheltered.

All because I am not part of your little cult that thinks that GMs will dramatically over-pay for the small, one-dimensional LHD who puts up good analytical numbers because they are astronomically sheltered despite being beyond the age when one should be that sheltered. Dunn is the typical D-man that people on here fall in love with and then forget about 2 years later when they realize that he hasn't progressed like they envision. He is worth about where he was drafted - a late second - and that is generous for the type of third pairing D he is.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You have been responding to completely unrelated posts of mine in other threads with your juvenile tantrum. You make up things about me, like saying that I must be one of the those people who believed that the Blues were going to need to add to get rid of Allen, and that I must be one of those people who thought that Parayko was sheltered.

All because I am not part of your little cult that thinks that GMs will dramatically over-pay for the small, one-dimensional LHD who puts up good analytical numbers because they are astronomically sheltered despite being beyond the age when one should be that sheltered. Dunn is the typical D-man that people on here fall in love with and then forget about 2 years later when they realize that he hasn't progressed like they envision. He is worth about where he was drafted - a late second - and that is generous for the type of third pairing D he is.

Once again I'm not sure what your issue is. This is a value of vince dunn. If you are not offering value then why are you responding?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Make your best offer that includes a 2020 1st round pick. There is no dumps coming back or going with dunn.

What do you think Dunn is today and what do you think his ceiling is? (example a first pairing D #1D, second pairing D #4, etc.)

My opinion of him is; CURRENTLY: a 3rd pairing D #5D (anchor) who can be very serviceable on the #2PP unit, CEILING: a 2nd pairing D #4 (maybe a low #3),

He appears to be...
  • 23.9 year old LHD who just played his 3rd full NHL season.
  • Production: I see him as a 10g + 20a = 30p (give or take a few) player
    • 2020: TOTAL: 71 gp -- 9g+ 14a = 23p, ES: 5g + 8a = 13p (3rd on the Blues). PP: 4g + 6a = 10p
    • 2019: TOTAL: 78gp -- 12g + 23a = 35p, ES: 9g + 18a = 27p, PP: 3g + 5a = 8p
    • 2018: TOTAL: 75gp -- 5g + 19a = 24p, ES: 3g + 15a = 18p, PP: 2g + 4a = 6p
  • 2020 - TOI/g -- 16:16 Total (6th for D on the Blues), 14:43 ES, 1:30 PP, 0:03 SH ... looks like a 3rd pairing D ice time on an average LHD defence.
  • excellent skater
  • decent puck mover
  • average defensively, while getting sheltered minutes
  • not physical
  • doesn't block shots
I mean the Blues left side on D is not that strong... I would expect Dunn to get more playing time, if he earned it.

You say to make your best offer that includes a 2020 1st round pick... how much more are you expecting? (roughly)

What type of deal do you think he will be looking for or is worth? Give me a couple scenarios... 2 year deal and 6 year deal. This would play a major factor on how much he is worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad