Signing(s): Vince Carter signs with the Hawks

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Keep getting those checks, VC.

I'd like to see him with the Raptors one more time but it doesn't seem like it'll happen. Then again, he might be taking these one year deals until he's 50 so you never know.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Masai, you literally had one job to do this summer and it was bring Vince home. Even with my statement about not needing washed up vets, he's the one guy you make an exception for. ESPECIALLY after the DeRozan mess, you should have been pressing even harder to bring him back home to Toronto.

Wtf is Vince going to do in Atlanta lol.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Don't understand why Toronto fans want him back

He bailed on the franchise

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Guy's still playing, be nice to see him retire a Raptor on a 1 day contract but I don't know if the Raptors should pursue him to play with the team again.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
How so? Faked injuries, refused to dunk, etc.
He was lied to about who would become GM of the team, was constantly benched by Sam Mitchell, and yet still the day before the trade told management he wanted to stay and wanted to be a part of the future building of the Raptors.

They pushed him out, plain and simple.

Reactions: Voight

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He was lied to about who would become GM of the team, was constantly benched by Sam Mitchell, and yet still the day before the trade told management he wanted to stay and wanted to be a part of the future building of the Raptors.

During his last few seasons with Toronto, Carter became the laziest defensive player I've ever seen in pro sports. He deserved to get benched

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
When Carter was traded, I was shocked at the return they received

As someone who questions the integrity of the NBA, I do wonder if Babcock was "assigned" to Toronto for the sole purpose of trading Vince

He never seemed right for the role of GM, and if you were to bring in a patsy for the purposes of trading away the franchise player, I could think of no better candidate than Babcock

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
During his last few seasons with Toronto, Carter became the laziest defensive player I've ever seen in pro sports. He deserved to get benched
That doesn't matter. You never bench your star player consistently. Do it once to send a message? Maybe. Even then I'd be hesitant because all star athletes have some sort of ego - it's partly why they're so good at what they do - but the Raptors literally couldn't have handled Vince any worse during his final years. Putting garbage around him, not telling him the truth about the GM hire, benching him.

Sure, Vince had his issues, too. But he didn't want to leave. He never wanted to leave. Not at that time, anyways. The Raptors pushed him away.

Reactions: Voight

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

He was benched due to effort. You need to earl your minutes. If Lowry suddenly stopped trying, I hope he'd get benched.

If he wanted to stay he should have shown it on the court. Sayibg and doing are 2 different things.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
After watching The Carter Effect I really wanted to see him back in TOR. What he did for the city was outstanding.

Management did push him out, but time heals all wounds. I'd like to think they make a run for him at the deadline or if he gets bought out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad