Signing(s): Vince Carter ain't done yet

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
After he plays 1 game he will set the record for most seasons played (think Parrish has the record ATM) and if he plays one game in 2020 he will be the only player to ever play in 4 decades.

Hopefully he joins the slam dunk contest at the ASG for one last go around.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
With how insanely big NBA salaries have gotten over the last five-ish years especially, I'd keep on playing as long as possible, too.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Back when I watched him virtually nightly with the Raptors, I’d never have pegged him as a guy to play into his 40’s. Good on him.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
He must have nine lives. I've heard this is his last season though.
I feel like people have been saying “it’s his last season” for like 5 years now....still pretty cool how he played in four different decades though that’s certainly something you don’t see everyday

Last edited:

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
VC's been a veteran locker room guy longer than he was a superstar
Was VC ever a true superstar though? He’s never made the all-nba first team, in fact he’s only ever made an all-nba team twice in his entire career. He’s also only finished in the top 10 in MVP voting once, twice in the top 15 and the only individual award he’s ever won was a ROY. Also, no team with VC as their leading scorer between 2000-2007 made it past round 2 despite the east being piss poor at the time and the way he left the raptors is as embarrassing as it gets for both the player and team.

As electrying of a player that VC was and trust me I loved watching him play in his younger days, but man his career as a whole has become quite overrated these days imo.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I don't really follow basketball but if asked, I would have guessed he retired 10 years ago. Very suprised he is still playing.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's commendable to see that he's not chasing titles, seems like he's just playing for the love of the game and to mentor the young guns in Atlanta. Agreed that it would've been cool to see him finish where he started here in Toronto but I guess Masai just wasn't interested in making that happen. I think VC said he'd definitely listen if there was an offer. No dice, though.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->