News: Ville Pokka goes to KHL

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Huh, figured he would stick around for another year since he would have had a legitimate chance to win a spot with the Sens in training camp (only other RHD under contract are Karlsson, Ceci and Christian Jaros. I guess they may have given him an indication that he wasn't in their plans?.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Had decent potential but still is the basicly the same player as he was 4 years ago. Weird how he couldn't make any improvements to his skating.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yeah, I can see him struggling during the IIHF tournament.

He's been great so far in there although he hasn't been tested a whole lot. I guess this is a good move for him, his development has stagnated big time and a complete change of scenery might do wonders.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I had high hopes for him when he was an islanders prospect. Obviously wouldn’t take back the Leddy trade but I always thought Pokka would become a nice #3/4 Defensman who contributed on offense.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
He's been overrated for awhile. Maybe not Rundblad levels but meh. He doesn't skate too well and I don't think much of his hockey IQ. Three teams and no real NHL chances for a reason.
This.

Id be surprised if the Sens gave him a QO...and id be equally as stunned to ever see him back in NA again.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I had high hopes for him when he was an islanders prospect. Obviously wouldn’t take back the Leddy trade but I always thought Pokka would become a nice #3/4 Defensman who contributed on offense.

He does this....for the team not wearing the same jersey as him.

He was always a solid pickup in the eaNHL world. I was rooting for him since the Leddy trade. Good luck overseas Ville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad