Confirmed with Link: Ville Mesaken (Unconditional Waivers)

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Every player whose Wolf Pack Jersey I buy gets moved :(

I was Today years old when I found out people actually buy Wolfpack Jersey's.

giphy.gif

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I thought he deserved a cup of tea in his first season.

Difficult to fault anybody here though. Good signing, the kid worked hard on the ice and did what he could to make it, and it appears we're facilitating a move back to the LIIGA or another league for him.

If we take swings on these types of guys once or twice a year, I'll be a happy camper.

Reactions: egelband

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Zuccarello was highly touted when the rangers signed him. He was expected to be an NHL regular.
All UDFAs have some associated probability of making the NHL, whether 5% or 95%, but they're still UDFAs. I mean, otherwise, what's the cutoff? Who "counts" and who doesn't? :dunno:

And for the record, there were plenty of people concerned about how his size would play in the NA game on NA rinks at the time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I speculated as early as pre-season that Meskanen would be mutually terminated and go home. I'm actually surprised it took this long.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
All UDFAs have some associated probability of making the NHL, whether 5% or 95%, but they're still UDFAs. I mean, otherwise, what's the cutoff? Who "counts" and who doesn't? :dunno:

And for the record, there were plenty of people concerned about how his size would play in the NA game on NA rinks at the time.

No, I agree with you. My only point is that someone like Zucc was a no brainer signing. There were several teams that vied for him. This is unlike Girardi and Pionk who truly flew under the radar.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Pionk was one of the top UDFA's in his class.

Oh? This I did not know. Thanks!

yeah, same summer as Butcher, both had strong '16-17 seasons in NCAA,
they were both anticipated almost-ready scoring RHD guys coming out of college

Butcher Jan 6 1995GPGAPtsPIM+/-
2016-17U. of DenverNCHC43730371827
Pionk Jul 29 1995GPGAPtsPIM+/-
2016-17U. of Minnesota-DuluthNCHC42727342524
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Will Butcher Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Neal Pionk Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Butcher, having been drafted, had to wait, til mid-August after Sr season, be totally UFA,
Pionk was undrafted, and turning 22 that summer, after a strong soph season at Duluth, was free to sign w NYR in spring

(that was the odd situation where Butcher, despite starring at Denver, declined to sign w Avs, eventually signed w NJD, while Kerfoot declined to sign w NJD and then in August signed w Avs)

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad