Ville de Québec Part IV: Le Boudoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Should we use this thread to post any news regarding the Nordiques or are we still encouraged to post new threads for each specific development?

I don't wanna be a pain in the ass, I just want to know what the rules are so I don't break them :)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Whatever you like. Since the people who follow these stories will just talk about it in here anyway, I'm not sure how vigilant people will be with posting 'real news' separately.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Whatever you like. Since the people who follow these stories will just talk about it in here anyway, I'm not sure how vigilant people will be with posting 'real news' separately.

Thank you very much. Hopefully, this whole relocation/no-relocation mess will end soon - one way or another. It gets everybody's blood boiling, hehe.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Like I said in an earlier thread, I hope Peladeau has already began working on building his marketing/selling team. That would be the most logical thing to do. If he is "preparing" for the return of the Nordiques as he says he has been doing, I imagine that has to be part of the preparations.

If that's the case, I don't get what the NHL would be worried about.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Well they have several deals over content so yes, but doesn't Rogers own a part of the Leafs along with BCE? If so, it becomes weird considering Bell and QMI hate each other to death.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well they have several deals over content so yes, but doesn't Rogers own a part of the Leafs along with BCE? If so, it becomes weird considering Bell and QMI hate each other to death.

Business is business. Rogers and BCE are big rivals in the rest of Canada and they still bought the Leafs together. If there's a profit to be made by joigning forces, companies will do it. It's not personal, it's business.

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
Business is business. Rogers and BCE are big rivals in the rest of Canada and they still bought the Leafs together. If there's a profit to be made by joigning forces, companies will do it. It's not personal, it's business.

My humble guess is that Sportsnet East would be the Nords' english RSN, if Gary finally agrees to sell the Yotes to PKP.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil...cyberpresse_B13b_la-capitale_577_section_POS2

It's almost official now, the Colisée will probably be built on the site of the Hippodrome in order to save money. As the mayor says, the analysis are not yet completed, but no problem seem to arise from the new site. Everything is looking good yet.

Thats a great location. Id like to see them retain the Hips facade though. Still, my favorite were the original plans & location, the wood beam construction & moat. Whats an extra 50m in soil remediation & another 200M in construction costs amongst friends?. C'mon you guys, go for it!..

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
If the Nordiques come back next year, what division do you guys think they would play in? Would they simply switch divisions with WPG?

I just can't see the Nords playing in a different division than the Habs...

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
If the Nordiques come back next year, what division do you guys think they would play in? Would they simply switch divisions with WPG?

Can you see Winnipeg playing in the SE Division? Me neither.

It also makes little sense to punish Winnipeg by making them travel to the US southwest and California so that QC could have an easy schedule in the NE. What has Winnipeg done to deserve such a fate? :sarcasm:

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008

It also makes little sense to punish Winnipeg by making them travel to the US southwest and California so that QC could have an easy schedule in the NE. What has Winnipeg done to deserve such a fate? :sarcasm:

No I know QC has close to zero chance of playing in the NE division, it's just hard to picture such a situation for me. I don't think a situation like that would last more than a couple seasons. The realignment is becoming more and more necessary, I think.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

They will be in the Adams. The PA only stopped that for a bargaining chip for the olympics. This will just make it more necessary for realignment. I mean, how else will they do it? which NE team goes to the Atlantic or Central, and how do you do that without Detroit/Columbus/Dallas/Winnipeg still hating the current alignment

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008

Proposal:
Winnipeg-Quebec City

To WPG: the history and records of the original WHA/NHL Winnipeg Jets.

To QUE: Winnipeg's spot in the SE

Fair? :sarcasm:

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011
Like I said in an earlier thread, I hope Peladeau has already began working on building his marketing/selling team. That would be the most logical thing to do. If he is "preparing" for the return of the Nordiques as he says he has been doing, I imagine that has to be part of the preparations.

If that's the case, I don't get what the NHL would be worried about.

Knowing he lately has been seen wearing his Nordiques cap, cheering for his junior team (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada), and kept on saying "Vive les Nordiques!" to businessmen just a few months ago, sure he, personaly, is working quite hard! ;)

VE120217-1026m-copy.jpg

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fargent.canoe.ca%2Flca%2Faffaires%2Fquebec%2Farchives%2F2011%2F11%2F20111123-181546.html

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Knowing he lately has been seen wearing his Nordiques cap

Another reason why I don't see him changing the logo in any way. The Jets owners initially didn't even want to keep the name, right? Whereas PKP appears to have shown a solid allegience to the Nordiques throughout the whole process.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Another reason why I don't see him changing the logo in any way. The Jets owners initially didn't even want to keep the name, right? Whereas PKP appears to have shown a solid allegience to the Nordiques throughout the whole process.

Correct. There were some horrible names floating around too.

Manitoba Falcons :facepalm:
Manitoba Moose :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Manitoba Ice :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Manitoba Polar Bears :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Winnipeg Jets :nod:

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007

I don't think this is about Winnipeg or Quebec City nearly as much as other teams. The California teams won't be pleased with either WPG or QC but I'm sure they'd rather go to Winnipeg 3 times during the season. Dallas would finally get a division rival in the same time zone. The SE teams would likely be indifferent except for the perfect time zone alignment with Quebec City.

I agree that Winnipeg would rather play 1 game in the PTZ (like this year) as opposed to 11 games if they were in the Pacific division next year. That said, under the current divisional structure (without Phoenix), they get at least 8 of those 11 games any time they're in the Western conference (8 if they're in the Central, 9 in the NW, 11 in the Pacific). That may all be moot, as IMO the new CBA will also finally produce a realignment accepted by both the league and the PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->