Ville de Québec Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandR

May 15, 2011
My guess is 75% and I voted as such.

They are certainly the clear front-runner right now.

However, with a new CBA appearing to be more in jeopardy after the NHLPA didn't consent to the realignment, I think there is an increased chance that Quebec doesn't start until 2013-2014.

And no doubt the NHLPA will argue for league revenues to include any money the NHL earns on the sale of the Coyotes (to Quebec City or anybody). That could also negatively impact the chance of Quebec getting the Coyotes for next year.

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
My guess is 75% and I voted as such.

They are certainly the clear front-runner right now.

However, with a new CBA appearing to be more in jeopardy after the NHLPA didn't consent to the realignment, I think there is an increased chance that Quebec doesn't start until 2013-2014.

And no doubt the NHLPA will argue for league revenues to include any money the NHL earns on the sale of the Coyotes (to Quebec City or anybody). That could also negatively impact the chance of Quebec getting the Coyotes for next year.

That's my evaluation of the situation too.

But Should the NHLPA ask for the proceeds of the sale of the Yotes to be included in HRR, the NHL will surely ask that the funds needed for the purchase and losses incured in the operation needs to be included in HRR too.

RandR

May 15, 2011
That's my evaluation of the situation too.

But Should the NHLPA ask for the proceeds of the sale of the Yotes to be included in HRR, the NHL will surely ask that the funds needed for the purchase and losses incured in the operation needs to be included in HRR too.
I agree. And for that reason I can see the NHLPA giving in on the Coyotes, but demanding a clause be written into the CBA saying that any future expansion or relocation fees collected by the league be included in league revenues to be split with the NHLPA. ... To which the NHL will simply demand that all future team losses also be included the next time they pull a franchise out of bankruptcy and run it themselves until finding a buyer.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
imho, in regards to the Yotes....

90% that they move to Quebec City next year.
9% that they stay in Glendale for next year.
1% that they move somewhere else for next year.

SilverPlaqueVII

Dec 5, 2011
Scarborough, ON
Do you think the possibility that the league take over the Devils may increase the will to sell the coyotes to Quebecor ?

Um.. 1995, no. Relocation to Nashville ain't risky when the fans were pissed off back then.

pepe.jpg

On the subject of this and the last thread, I don't know if the Nords will be aired regionally on Sportsnet or TSN. If so, they'll modify the Sens/Habs regional territories like the Nords and Habs games could be restricted to some Maritime provinces. The Leafs and Jets are usually split in Ontario's CST time zone.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
On the subject of this and the last thread, I don't know if the Nords will be aired regionally on Sportsnet or TSN. If so, they'll modify the Sens/Habs regional territories like the Nords and Habs games could be restricted to some Maritimes provinces.

Neither, if the Nordiques return this off-season, they will be likely broadcast on TVA Sports.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
As I said, for some English language regional broadcasts on Sportsnet/TSN. HNIC could get most Nords games on Saturdays.

TVA? It'll be in a French regional broadcasts.

If the Nordiques do return, I highly doubt that they will have any regional English broadcast at all. The viewership numbers probably wouldn't be there to justify it.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I disagree. There are plenty of English viewers who would love to see the Nords.

I have no doubt that they will be featured in national games (CBC, TSN), but I just don't foresee any regional coverage in English. Just not enough anglophones in and around Quebec City.

For those who want to follow a potential Nordiques franchise in English, I think Centre Ice or GameCentre will be the only option, likely using opposition feeds of the game for the most part.

Could be wrong though, don't have any sort of crystal ball.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I have no doubt that they will be featured in national games (CBC, TSN), but I just don't foresee any regional coverage in English. Just not enough anglophones in and around Quebec City.

For those who want to follow a potential Nordiques franchise in English, I suspect Centre Ice or GameCentre will be the only option, likely using opposition feeds of the game for the most part.

Thats probably what will happen.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

For those who want to follow a potential Nordiques franchise in English, I think Centre Ice or GameCentre will be the only option, likely using opposition feeds of the game for the most part.

Wernt the Nords and Ottawa on french HNIC way back when instead of Montreal?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Yes, but the French CBC let go hockey, their executive hate sports there, and they suck when they show sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->