Viktor's 2017 Draft Rankings for the 2018 NHL Draft (Top 50)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I've decided on making a rankings list rather than a Mock Draft this time :O. This will be where I feel players should be ranked, and yes there will be some crazy choices. I can't say I'm an expert, but... yeah I'm no expert.

1. Rasmus Dahlin D
2. Andrei Svechikov RW
3. Adam Boqvist D
4. Filip Zadina RW
5. Quinn Hughes D
6. Oliver Wahlstrom RW
7. Ty Smith D
8. Joel Farabee LW
9. Jett Woo D
10. Bode Wilde D
11. Evan Bouchard D
12. Akil Thomas C
13. Rasmus Kupari C
14. Noah Dobson D
15. Ryan Merkley D
16. Joe Veleno C
17. Jared McIsaac D
18. Jesper Kotaniemi C/LW
19. Jack McBain C
2o. Brady Tkachuk LW
21. Isac Lundstrom C
22. Barrett Hayton C
23. Serron Noel RW
24. Jacob Olofsson C
25. Benoit-Olivier Groulx LW/C
26. Ryan McLeod C
27. Mattias Samuelsson D
28. Milos Roman C
29. Grigori Denisenko LW
30. Vitali Kravtov RW
31. K'Andre Miller D
32. Jacob Pivonka C
33. Calen Addison D
34. Dominikk Bokk RW
35. Jesse Ylonen RW
36. Alexander Alexeyev D
37. Anderson MacDonald LW
38. Filip Hallander C
39. Nando Eggenberger LW
40. Alexander Khovanov C
41. Ty Dellandrea C
42. Xavier Bouchard D
43. Jakub Lauko C
44. Phillip Kurashev RW
45. Adam Samuelsson D
46. Allan McShane C
47. Jonaten Berggren RW
48. Riley Sutter RW
49. Adam Ginning D
50. Jake Wise C

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
In general, I really like it. I’d move Dobson up to 5 and move everyone down, personally, as I really like his current game and potential, but I agree with pretty much every other placement. Can see Miller and Addison as likely risers.

Hopefully y’all posting rankings in the prospect board will generate more discussion than they did in the very, very dry Mock Drafts forum.

Reactions: Acadien86

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think it's time to drop McIsaac, Veleno, and Kupari down a bit more. The first 2 aren't playing up to expectations and Kupari I just don't see going top 15, too risky for this draft IMO. I think GMs don't want to miss a pick and Kupari seems like the only with a big risk to it because of his carelessness with the puck. I recognize his unique talents though they are somewhat unmatched in the draft like height, skating ability, hands and shot.

I think Denisenko and Olofsson get into the top 20 as well. Dobson and E.Bouchard in the top 10, they check all the boxes for the defensemen in this draft.

Wahlstrom at #6? I don't know about that, he's got some attractive tools like skating and shooting, but I feel like he doesn't have the overall package for an impact forward in the NHL. I like Denisenko more than him, Olofsson seems more complete, Lauko might even have an edge on him IMO, and Bokk may be more impressive.

Reactions: 99664987

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Not bad otherwise aside from little things like Noel and Olofsson over Groulx??

Last edited:

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
Wahlstrom at #6? I don't know about that, he's got some attractive tools like skating and shooting, but I feel like he doesn't have the overall package for an impact forward in the NHL.

Just curious, why do you think he doesn't have the overall package for an impact forward in the NHL? I'm really high on Wahlstrom and I believe he can be a damn good player even in the NHL, so I would like to know more why do you think that. It's not like he just can skate and shoot, he also has a great hockey sense and his two-way game is underrated - the guy can kill the penalty and block the shoots (he probably won't be a penalty killer in the NHL anyway).

I would really love to see him play in the QMJHL just in order to compare the offensive potential of Wahlstrom and Zadina, because I believe Wahlstrom's offensive potential is really underrated here on HF boards.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I think this list looks really good, the only unrealistic thing I see is Farabee over Tkachuk.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I've decided on making a rankings list rather than a Mock Draft this time :O. This will be where I feel players should be ranked, and yes there will be some crazy choices. I can't say I'm an expert, but... yeah I'm no expert.

1. Rasmus Dahlin D
2. Andrei Svechikov RW
3. Adam Boqvist D
4. Filip Zadina RW
5. Quinn Hughes D
6. Oliver Wahlstrom RW
7. Ty Smith D
8. Joel Farabee LW
9. Jett Woo D
10. Bode Wilde D
11. Evan Bouchard D
12. Akil Thomas C
13. Rasmus Kupari C
14. Noah Dobson D
15. Ryan Merkley D
16. Joe Veleno C
17. Jared McIsaac D
18. Jesper Kotaniemi C/LW
19. Jack McBain C
2o. Brady Tkachuk LW
21. Isac Lundstrom C
22. Barrett Hayton C
23. Serron Noel RW
24. Jacob Olofsson C
25. Benoit-Olivier Groulx LW/C
26. Ryan McLeod C
27. Mattias Samuelsson D
28. Milos Roman C
29. Grigori Denisenko LW
30. Vitali Kravtov RW
31. K'Andre Miller D
32. Jacob Pivonka C
33. Calen Addison D
34. Dominikk Bokk RW
35. Jesse Ylonen RW
36. Alexander Alexeyev D
37. Anderson MacDonald LW
38. Filip Hallander C
39. Nando Eggenberger LW
40. Alexander Khovanov C
41. Ty Dellandrea C
42. Xavier Bouchard D
43. Jakub Lauko C
44. Phillip Kurashev RW
45. Adam Samuelsson D
46. Allan McShane C
47. Jonaten Berggren RW
48. Riley Sutter RW
49. Adam Ginning D
50. Jake Wise C

#20 Brady Tkachuk LW BTK falling out of the top ten I could see. Down to 20 is pretty aggressive. Some playoff bubble team would be ecstatic come June of that happened.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
#20 Brady Tkachuk LW BTK falling out of the top ten I could see. Down to 20 is pretty aggressive. Some playoff bubble team would be ecstatic come June of that happened.
It's not that I see him dropping out of the Top 10 nor falling to number 20, it's more that I personally don't think Tkachuk is that good. I just see him as a good 3rd line guy, who can move up to the Top 6 if need be. I may be 100% wrong, but that's my opinion currently.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's not that I see him dropping out of the Top 10 nor falling to number 20, it's more that I personally don't think Tkachuk is that good. I just see him as a good 3rd line guy, who can move up to the Top 6 if need be. I may be 100% wrong, but that's my opinion currently.

He does seem to be riding his brothers coat tails right now. Of the two games I've seen I wasn't overly impressed. Mind you that is a small sample.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Denisenko with a disappearing act against US? What happened? Maybe he does have those consistency issues we've heard about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad