Injury Report: Viktor Stalberg out 3-4 Weeks with AC Sprain

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So why go to arbitration with a player, give him a pretty nice salary to either sit him or trade him? Basically what I'm asking is what is Poile thinking in doing something like this.

Im guessing Poile knows Spaling has value and someone will trade for him provided his contract isnt outrageous. He probably either couldnt or didn't want to trade him early this summer so he went to arbitration to keep from losing Spalings rights, then they agreed on a reasonable one year deal, with Poile probably telling Spaling he will trade him to a team that will play him as soon as its feasible

My thoughts too. Poile thinks he has value for trade, or at least as depth.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Spaling didn't go to arbitration... unless I missed something. Either way, why is it relevant?

With Stalberg's injury, looks like we don't have to make any cuts, aside from Moser. If he's not willing to spend some time in Milwaukee, then maybe this isn't the place for him. I haven't seen him play though, so maybe I'm way off.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Spaling didn't go to arbitration... unless I missed something. Either way, why is it relevant?

With Stalberg's injury, looks like we don't have to make any cuts, aside from Moser. If he's not willing to spend some time in Milwaukee, then maybe this isn't the place for him. I haven't seen him play though, so maybe I'm way off.

he filed but settled on his one year deal before the hearing. Im sure he took a deal that makes him tradeable

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Moser just likes his home in Switzerland. He wants to play at the NHL level.

Anyways, Spaling went to arbitration and I think Poile didn't know how things were going to shake out so he didn't want to risk losing Spaling in case something didn't work out with other forwards.

Spaling is that guy thats been there and was just an easy fall back. He doesn't fit in anymore.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Moser just likes his home in Switzerland. He wants to play at the NHL level.

Anyways, Spaling went to arbitration and I think Poile didn't know how things were going to shake out so he didn't want to risk losing Spaling in case something didn't work out with other forwards.

Spaling is that guy thats been there and was just an easy fall back. He doesn't fit in anymore.

Again, Spaling did not go to arbitration. He signed a contract before the hearing.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try to sneak Spaling through waivers while the wire is so busy. He may squeak by since most teams are in a similar situation as us. That'll give us some roster breathing room if we try to sign Moser. The caphit penalty for sending him down would only be $575K.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Again, Spaling did not go to arbitration. He signed a contract before the hearing.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try to sneak Spaling through waivers while the wire is so busy. He may squeak by since most teams are in a similar situation as us. That'll give us some roster breathing room if we try to sign Moser. The caphit penalty for sending him down would only be $575K.

Edmonton would snatch him up in a heartbeat with injuries to RNH and Gagner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->