Injury Report: Viktor Stalberg out 3-4 Weeks with AC Sprain

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not good, but after last season, 3-4 weeks (with one of them being during preseason) isn't so bad. Maybe Beck gets an extra couple weeks up?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He's young and in shape.
:naughty:

abkjQHtQ.gif

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ok so Beck has a chance to start with the club.

New speed line of Wilson-Cullen-Bourque?

Also note, if the Preds want to move players they only have one extra pick in the draft.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
before Stalberg went down we were still looking at having two healthy scratch forwards and Beck in the minors.

I really dont see why we would keep Beck up if he's just gonna be a scratch, but maybe they go ahead and play him the first two weeks, sitting Spaling, and if Beck looks like he can definitely hack it then Poile can move Spaling with no worries.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I understand that having a cap hit like Spalings in Milwaukee is not ideal but I really don't think we get much more than a 6th or 7th for spaling because teams have seen he hasn't really been playing through camp and preseason. It's not hidden.

I think we waive him and see if someone picks him up. Calgary could use help haha..idk just spitballing on that but I think he goes and Moser signs. Why keep a guy around without a contract if we weren't trying to get him to stay around. From what I hear, he's still deciding between Bern and here...

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I understand that having a cap hit like Spalings in Milwaukee is not ideal but I really don't think we get much more than a 6th or 7th for spaling because teams have seen he hasn't really been playing through camp and preseason. It's not hidden.

I think we waive him and see if someone picks him up. Calgary could use help haha..idk just spitballing on that but I think he goes and Moser signs. Why keep a guy around without a contract if we weren't trying to get him to stay around. From what I hear, he's still deciding between Bern and here...

Even if we sign Moser, where do we play him? Even if Spaling is traded there isn't a spot for him. From what I saw of Beck last year he deserves the spot more than Moser does at this point. Either that or Poile is holding on to all his assets in case an injury bug hits this team hard again. Also, we're accustomed to carrying 14 forwards and 7 defensemen, nothing says we don't carry 15 forwards for the time being until things figure themselves out. If we go on a long road trip we'd carry an extra defenseman but until then, we could carry 3 extra forwards if we felt we wanted to.

And honestly, this fan base turns on players faster than pro wrestlers go from faces to heels. It's funny that everyone had a bad season last year but Spaling is the one singled out. He's still a good young solid player that people are willing to jettison. Yeah, that makes sense. In a few years we have who up the middle? Wilson, Smith, Watson and who? And even these three may not be there. The only one I see as a sure thing at center is Watson. Spaling is solid but not flashy. He's not a big scorer but is a good penalty killer and a good team guy. Yeah, let's toss him aside for a crappy draft pick. I can't see him going anywhere considering we just signed him.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Stalberg's injury creates a top six opening which the previously odd man out of Beck or Forsberg likely fills in the short term. If we sign Moser it is most likely for top six minutes in Milwaukee with him near the top of the list for a call up when the inevitable injuries occur. The injury does nothing to bolster Spaling's spot as an everyday player with the 1A/1B/1C lineup Trotz has this year (ok 2A/2B/2C).

Looking down the middle we have Fisher, Cullen, Legwand, Gaustad, Wilson, Smith with Hendricks capable of filling the 4th line center role if needed as well. Spaling is on the outside looking in. The same problem for him on the wing ... Nystrom, Hendricks, Clune for the 4th line spot with the kids seemingly postured above him in the top nine. I'm having a hard time seeing where he fits in the mix with or without Stalberg healthy.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Agreed. A 6th would be great (and the 1.5 in cap), but I can't imagine there are any takers.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
what some of you are not understanding is that we have guys in Milwaukee that can play up the middle in a couple of years. joonas rask and salomaki for example and not to mention girard is gonna be ready to go in a couple years too.

Spaling is redundant and the reason I say he'd be the one to move if we did sign moser is because he went to arbitration and got one year. best case scenario for you who seems to be a spaling uber fan is that he stays the whole year but he's gonna be gone at the end of the year regardless.

And I don't turn on players really. I say whats real...spaling is more of the same and I used to be a big spaling fan....but we don't have room. and I personally am not as high on beck as the rest. maybe I don't pay as much attention to him as I do other players but all i'm saying is....arbitration + 1 year = just doing something to get it outta the way and deal with it later. it has nothing to do with turning on anyone.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So why go to arbitration with a player, give him a pretty nice salary to either sit him or trade him? Basically what I'm asking is what is Poile thinking in doing something like this.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So why go to arbitration with a player, give him a pretty nice salary to either sit him or trade him? Basically what I'm asking is what is Poile thinking in doing something like this.

Im guessing Poile knows Spaling has value and someone will trade for him provided his contract isnt outrageous. He probably either couldnt or didn't want to trade him early this summer so he went to arbitration to keep from losing Spalings rights, then they agreed on a reasonable one year deal, with Poile probably telling Spaling he will trade him to a team that will play him as soon as its feasible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad