Viktor Stalberg- Lower Body injury 09/22/14

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Good. Frees up room for guys like forsberg.

No upset one bit about stink-berg being out!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As far as his (lack of) production last season, I will say he's one of the guys who I'm most interested to see in Lavy's uptempo system

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
So now cheering our own teams injuries is okay?

lighten-up-frances_t268.jpg

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I am actually disappointed by the injury. I was wanting to see him in this system before I gave up on him. This faster pace seems to play to his speed.

And for those wanting him traded, I'd rather see Nystrom traded.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Nystroms a good character guy doe...

Stalberg and Bourque are interchangeable IMO

Rather have Stalberg, but will not shed a tear if either or both are dealt.

And that's all he's good for. Well that and his freak 4 goal game last year. And I thought the wanting tons of character guys left with Trotz. If you say Nystroms a character guy, isn't Clune a Character guy?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I can't understand why Stalberg is such a whipping boy. He literally got ZERO shot last season. Right out of the gates, Trotz clearly didn't like him, and it showed with the garbage linemates he was repeatedly placed with.

I expect a different result for him this year, and like the line he's playing with in camp (Jokinen Jarnkrok Stalberg)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I can't understand why Stalberg is such a whipping boy. He literally got ZERO shot last season. Right out of the gates, Trotz clearly didn't like him, and it showed with the garbage linemates he was repeatedly placed with.

I expect a different result for him this year, and like the line he's playing with in camp (Jokinen Jarnkrok Stalberg)

This is how I feel.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Nystrom is by far our worst forward defensively. I'm not a fan. I know hipcheck85 doesn't like me saying that, but if you took out the nostalgia he has because of who his Dad is, I'm not sure how many fans he'd have left.

We have Clune, we have Gaustad, we don't need Nystrom.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

He's a 28-year old .39 PPG winger who lacks the ability to finish or create offense. It's not his fault that Poile overpaid him, but he's definitely not worth what he's making. Complimentary player dependent upon who he plays with and getting favorable matchups (as he did in Chicago). Push comes to shove, I'd rather see a younger guy with a bit more long term potential getting his numbers inflated by good linemates than Stalberg. Nothing against the guy personally, just don't think he's worth locking down a spot on the roster for.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
He's a 28-year old .39 PPG winger who lacks the ability to finish or create offense. It's not his fault that Poile overpaid him, but he's definitely not worth what he's making. Complimentary player dependent upon who he plays with and getting favorable matchups (as he did in Chicago). Push comes to shove, I'd rather see a younger guy with a bit more long term potential getting his numbers inflated by good linemates than Stalberg. Nothing against the guy personally, just don't think he's worth locking down a spot on the roster for.

And if it came down to him or Beck, I'd rather see Beck. While he doesn't have the wheels, he gets the team concept and has the ability to finish. I could see him being a Joel Ward type player. Does the little things well, chips in 40 points a season and is a team guy. Speed is great if you can finish, see Kariya, if you can't, see Stalberg.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So he's following his path from last year, just with a lower body injury rather than an upper body injury.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Nystrom is by far our worst forward defensively. I'm not a fan. I know hipcheck85 doesn't like me saying that, but if you took out the nostalgia he has because of who his Dad is, I'm not sure how many fans he'd have left.

We have Clune, we have Gaustad, we don't need Nystrom.

but Nystrom is on year two of a 4 year deal, so, Im guessing he will be here a while.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
but Nystrom is on year two of a 4 year deal, so, Im guessing he will be here a while.

Well, if Beck had shown anything in these games MAYBE GMDP has to think about moving Nystrom or something, but as it sits now he's skating on that 4th line with Clune. And you know, I'm fine with that cause it seems like Lavi is gonna' roll those 3 lines and Goose will get shifts in the Dzone for face-offs and Clune and Nystrom can get their 3 or 4 shifts a period; be a waste to put a kid (sissons/watson) on the roster for that, rather than letting them skate good minutes in Milw.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
He's a 28-year old .39 PPG winger who lacks the ability to finish or create offense. It's not his fault that Poile overpaid him, but he's definitely not worth what he's making

THIS. VS hasn't shown anything to make us believe he's any better than GB, and GB is 24. Honestly, if Fiala looks good in his 9 games, and Hook and Forsberg look fine, I think VS is gonna' find himself the Perma-scratch as best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad