Injury Report: Viktor Rask: Out Indefinitely (Hand/Fingers)

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I'm surprised they went back to SJ after they flipped Hoffman back into their division on the previous trade.
Maybe they would be willing to flip Tierney. He looks like a youngster who could be poised for a breakout season. Good defensively and decent at face-offs. The Senators still need a defenseman with some offensive upside. Faulk for Tierney might make sense.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So, Vermette camp invite anyone?

Vermette would pretty much be in a Kruger role on the 4th line and PK, right?

So it might open Staal up to a more offensive role, but I don't know what Vermette offers that we wouldn't get by giving Wallmark a shot. Willing to see if Wallmark can prove that vs a PTO, though.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Rask and Pesce (questionable still?) out indefinitely. Darling and Mrazek in net. One forward on the entire roster left with any meaningful NHL Center experience (and that is Jordan Staal).

Canes don't need to be scrambling to try and fix anything. They are much closer to picking #1 Overall than making the Playoffs. Rebuild year.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I love how Rask is a whipping boy that everyone keeps "forgetting" to include in their projected lineup, then he goes does with an injury and everyone's like "Jack Hughes, come on down!"
Yeah. Sucks for Rask, but I was hoping for him to be shunted to the 4th line or wing this year. He was a big part of the problem last year, and while I'm not crazy about how green we are at center, Rask has been a big part of the problem there, not the solution.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm not particularly worried. First, I'm also of the mind that I was preferring him on the fourth line. He is a really nice security blanket to have if we'd needed it being able to move up if he was on the fourth, but nothing I'm super worried of being without. Also, unless I've missed something, there isn't a timetable yet, is there? Indefinitely can certainly end up being short term. Of course, it may be long term, but it's not an automatic thing.

I'm not against a depth move for a Shore type, or a minor trade, but I'm not suddenly scrambling for something after losing Victor Rask.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
He was one of those guys that had nowhere to go but up. If he was a 4th line center he'd be one of the best in the league. He was never going to realistically score 8 goals. We had him penciled into a spot that was his worst possible output.

Losing him takes one of our "wildcards", so to speak.

Atleast this shouldn't be a longterm injury and the regular season is still weeks away, and Rask isn't the game changer on the roster.

If he tore a tendon it could be awhile. My dad had 12 weeks of rehab for his thumb when he tore all his tendons with a circular saw (I told you, multiple gruesome injuries).

Last edited by a moderator:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he tore a tendon it could be awhile. My dad had 12 weeks of rehab for his thumb when he tore all his tendons with a circular saw (I told you, multiple gruesome injuries).

Fly him to Finland and I'll find a doctor who'll fix him in 2 weeks time :sarcasm:

This though sounds it's not his thumb. Skinner trade makes this worse though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad