Recalled/Assigned: Viktor Loov

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Recalled on Emergency Basis.. Kind of surprised it's him over Percy

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=869388&navid=DL|TOR|home

Percy and Loov have been d partners for a while. However Percy hasn't been himself this year. I don't know if it's related to the multiple injuries he's suffered lately or if it's confidence. Either way, management is going to recall the guy (even if it's just for the pressbox) that is playing the best right now. I'd probably say it's either Loov or Valiev. (Brennan offensively but I don't know if he's ever going to get a shot due to the style of game he plays)

He's called up because he's likely the Andrew MacWilliam of this season. Not because he's the most deserving prospect but likely the opposite.

You can tell who watches the Marlies on a regular basis and who doesn't.

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Loov should at least compare favourably to Marincin who plays defense like one of those inflatable air dancers you see at a car dealership.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
It's a game-time decision based on Hunwick
- Babcock.

So looks like a health thing more than a trade. Unless they're throwing out the smoke grenade.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Good for Loov.

As for Percy, I don't get the sense he's in our plans.

which is weird because he's younger than loov. For all his struggles, Percy has put up pretty decent offensive numbers:
GP G A TP
41 4 14 18

I can see them trading him or keeping him long term as a call-up option like how Kris Newbury was for us.

(I actually like Marincin and think that he can totally be a cheap #6-7 option)

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I hope Loov gets his chance sooner than later, and makes good on it.
There's a lot of guys who could fill the #4-6 role,
but i feel that one of Loov's particular skill set is essential in the mix.

Probably he has been paired with Percy with the same mentality, that the two of them are more complete than each other on their own.

IMO Loov's best skill is his first pass. I'm excited to see it in an NHL game.

mikebel111*

Didnt really deserve it but its on an emergency basis so whatever. If he plays, good luck to him and hopefully he looks better in the NHL than he did in the AHL

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
You can tell who watches the Marlies on a regular basis and who doesn't.

And anyone who watched the Marlies would know that Valiev is significantly better than Loov. By miles. So is TJ Brennan. So is Justin Holl.

The team doesn't want to jerk around their best prospects/players. That's why they bring up the Clune's and now Loov. It doesn't matter if they get jerked around.

mikebel111*

Leipsic is player?!! Nice!

Alright what can we bet on? (its really a win win for me since i like both)
But ill take Loov.

I wasn't serious. I don't bet anyways.
Even though I have soured on Loov, he still is someone that could be an important part in the future so hopefully he does well.

OvenMittz*

I wasn't serious. I don't bet anyways.
Even though I have soured on Loov, he still is someone that could be an important part in the future so hopefully he does well.

I know you weren't but its a fun bet.

How about we do. Plus/minus with Loov + if he gets any points V.S Any points Leipsic gets tonight.

So if Loov gets a + i get a point, if he gets a - you get a point.. but if he gets on the score sheet i also get a point, and if Leipsic gets on, you get a point.

for fun.

mikebel111*

I know you weren't but its a fun bet.

How about we do. Plus/minus with Loov + if he gets any points V.S Any points Leipsic gets tonight.

So if Loov gets a + i get a point, if he gets a - you get a point.. but if he gets on the score sheet i also get a point, and if Leipsic gets on, you get a point.

for fun.

Alright. Your on.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The Marlies games I've seen have all shown promise in Loov. He has looked like an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->