Value of: Viktor Arvidsson

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
NSH fans what are you hoping to see in return for Arvidsson? Having a bit a of a down year, but from 17-20 was a strong goal scorer. 8th league-wide in Even Strength goal per game (min 100 gp) over this time frame

27 years old Right-shot Wing. 4x4.25m

assuming you guys are going rebuild? so picks and prospects type package? from WPG POV what would you guys want?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Sooo what would the cost be?
I hate trading him at his low point. He is a transition player that is being neutered by a shitty coach. He's also being misused on the PP as he is the most effective net front guy we have had since Hornqvist.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If Nashville are open to taking a contract back to facilitate money, then how about 1st + Kaut + Compher?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Calgary has been looking for a good RW for a long time and I think could do 1st plus prospect. Issue will be cap.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Could make sense for Calgary depending where we are at in the next couple weeks.

Can anyone who watches much of him give me a scouting report?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Could make sense for Calgary depending where we are at in the next couple weeks.

Balls to the wall, transition player, great slapper, good in front of the net even though he's small, scrappy, fearless, good finisher, has worked best with Johansen as his setup man.

Reactions: User1996

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Balls to the wall, transition player, great slapper, good in front of the net even though he's small, scrappy, fearless, good finisher, has worked best with Johansen as his setup man.
Thanks. That’s what my impression was.

Sounds like it could help us out tremendously. I find our top 6 to be quite lackadaisical at times. So adding a scrappy, high energy player could do wonders dragging the other guys into it.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

Arvidsson has historically been a monster on the rush - we got so much offense out of him on breakaways and 2-on-1s. If you have good offensive d and a system that lets him sneak behind the other team's d-men, he has been money.

I say historically because we haven't seen that much for the past season or so - his injury at the hands of Bortuzzo and Hynes have neutered his old drive somewhat. I dunno if it's age, injury, system or a combination of the 3, but he isn't what he used to be.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Arvidsson has historically been a monster on the rush - we got so much offense out of him on breakaways and 2-on-1s. If you have good offensive d and a system that lets him sneak behind the other team's d-men, he has been money.

I say historically because we haven't seen that much for the past season or so - his injury at the hands of Bortuzzo and Hynes have neutered his old drive somewhat. I dunno if it's age, injury, system or a combination of the 3, but he isn't what he used to be.
He'd probably look pretty good in Colorado given that they're the best transition team in the league and creating chances off the rush.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020

Calgary used to feast off the stretch pass back in the Hartley/Brodie era, but Ward has seemed to neuter that a lot. Plus the personnel isn’t exactly there on the backend to play that style anymore

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He had 35 pts in his last 74 games. Career wise his playoff production is very underwhelming.

His contract is cheap but he is not a safe bet for 60 points anymore like he was from 2017-2019.

He probably could nab a 1st+ but I think it's better for the preds to keep him and see if he can get his offensive touch back. If they want to enter a rebuild trade him either in the summer if he has a great final 40 games or deal him next trade deadline where teams will be more aware of the type of player he is moving forward and they will have 3 playoff runs with him if hes productive

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
He had 35 pts in his last 74 games. Career wise his playoff production is very underwhelming.

His contract is cheap but he is not a safe bet for 60 points anymore like he was from 2017-2019.

He probably could nab a 1st+ but I think it's better for the preds to keep him and see if he can get his offensive touch back. If they want to enter a rebuild trade him either in the summer if he has a great final 40 games or deal him next trade deadline where teams will be more aware of the type of player he is moving forward and they will have 3 playoff runs with him if hes productive

I think we'd regret not getting a 1st plus if he doesn't rebound. We have two players 25 or under on our roster, Fabbro and Kunin, Arvidsson and Ekholm are our best shots at an actually good return to rebuild with.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

I agree - we'd be trading him when his value is low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad