TV: Vikings

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
He means the second half of season 6.

The wife and I started binging the show a month ago and finished the first half of season 6 last night, so we can roll right in to the next half. The show is not the same without Ragnar, they try to give Bjorn his mannerisms but it seems forced by the actor.
Realized that after I posted; thought he meant the last season of Vikings to be made, which comes out Jan 1.

And totally agree about the lack of Ragnar and Bjorn's stupid little head-jerky thing that he does.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Realized that after I posted; thought he meant the last season of Vikings to be made, which comes out Jan 1.

And totally agree about the lack of Ragnar and Bjorn's stupid little head-jerky thing that he does.

The second half of season 6 is the last season, unless I missed something.

Upon further digging it seems it's premiering on Prime (in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Ireland) before it starts airing on the History Channel, which seems kind of weird.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The second half of season 6 is the last season, unless I missed something.

Upon further digging it seems it's premiering on Prime (in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Ireland) before it starts airing on the History Channel, which seems kind of weird.
Just got "last season to air" mixed up with "last season to be made". Took me a little while to realize my mistake. It's just that they've been advertising the new (and last) season of Vikings coming out on New Years Day, and I got excited that Prime might have stolen the History Channel's thunder and released the season early.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Season premier tonight. The great battle between Prince Olaf's massive army and the Vikings defending Kattegat with their backs against the wall...what a massive battle that could be! WOW! Yeah!

...too bad the episode was 59 minutes of exposition and 1 minute of battle. Epic fail, guys.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just got "last season to air" mixed up with "last season to be made". Took me a little while to realize my mistake. It's just that they've been advertising the new (and last) season of Vikings coming out on New Years Day, and I got excited that Prime might have stolen the History Channel's thunder and released the season early.

They did, but you have to be in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, or Ireland to watch it.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

Ragnar elevated eye rolling to an art form.

tenor.gif

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
These last episodes decided to go "f*** you, history!"... Ubbe's gang ending up in America was also done in a really unrealistic way. Erik The Red seems to be completely different than in history as well.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Erik The Red seems to be completely different than in history as well.

Yea hated this arc. He went through a d-bag transformation out of nowhere in 2 episodes after being built up as a loyal follower for much of the season. Had no historical base to his story other than his name.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finished the last two episodes. Quite a lackluster finish to the show. Probably could've been better if they had followed history more accurately. Hightlight of the final season was Lagertha's funeral. :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Finished the last two episodes. Quite a lackluster finish to the show. Probably could've been better if they had followed history more accurately. Hightligth of the final season was Lagertha's funeral. :cry:

The ending was ok, but I just watched to see what happened TBTH.

I pretty much checked out when Ragnar died.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
myself as well. I am a few seasons behind now and not sure If I am going to watch the rest unfold or not.

It’s still worth watching, but you will likely spend most of your time wishing Ragnar was there.

I get why they felt the need to kill him off and let his sons take over the show, but while I liked them, they never came close to replacing him.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I couldnt believe it was brent burns i had to google brent burns and it auto filled the vikings part.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Just finished the last episode yesterday. This is a show that is much more enjoyable if you pretend it is fantasy just without the fantastical elements. The historical figures and events are so incredibly loosely based on reality.

I think I need to let it sit for a while before summing up my thoughts on the totality of the show.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I finished the show this week and was left as disappointed as I expected. Overall a fun show but this final season wasn't great and felt quite rushed.

Maybe I missed something, but the whole arc of Harold going from prisoner to King of Norway was pretty ridiculous.
I really disliked the entire arc of Erik and Ingrid. It was completely unnecessary since the show didn't spend enough (or have enough) time to develop them into characters I actually cared about.
Floki being alive, and in North America, was pretty lame. We knew this was coming but it still wasn't good.
Naad being obsessed with gold once in North America seemed to come out of nowhere and was pretty unrealistic.
Kjetill's arc was awful. Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I don't recall him being such an awful person. I know he murdered that whole family, but that seemed more because he snapped than because he was a manipulative guy. Can't be certain though. Just really disliked how that ended.
Hvitserk was useless, as always and just seemed to be the character that would end up wherever to keep things interesting.
Ivar turned into a semi-normal human being while with Prince Oleg, then immediately turned back to being awful once he gets back to Kattegat. Seemed pretty unbelievable.

The way Ivar dies was ridiculous. They're in the middle of a battle, Ivar walks into it to have a heart to heart with his brother...and then he gets stabbed a bunch of times while giving the dumbest monologue. Then to add a little more absurdity on top, King Alfred is able to get everyone to stop fighting after seeing Ivar die, so he could honor him?

It might seem like I really didn't enjoy the show, but I did. I thought the sons did get better as time went on and I thought some characters were pretty good. I really love the time period and Lagertha was pretty great. I did like that they brought back King Alfred too.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Can anyone give me an idea where I left off on this series. I started to watch it a few years ago and left off somewhere in a season where:

Ragnar was taking some kind of drugs or something and seemed to be in some sort of halucinagenic haze for most of the episodes I've watched

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Can anyone give me an idea where I left off on this series. I started to watch it a few years ago and left off somewhere in a season where:

Ragnar was taking some kind of drugs or something and seemed to be in some sort of halucinagenic haze for most of the episodes I've watched

Was that Ragnar or you?

Reactions: steafo
Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I believe that is Season 4 Episode 4. According to internet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->