TV: Vikings

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
WTH happened to Lagertha? She sure got grey in a hurry.
Well, Ragnar's kids with Auslaug are all in their 20's at least and Bjorn is at least a decade older, which makes him in his 30's...and she'd probably be in her 50's by that timeline. So yeah. She'd probably be grey by then. And grey can happen very quickly.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I thought she turned completely white haired pretty much over night, after the battle vs Ivar was lost.

Stress can turn one's hair gray very quickly. Reasonable to assume that she would be rather stressed during this time.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'm not chalking it up to stress. Stress would show in her face, too. But she doesn't show signs of stress in her face. I think it's supposed to be some kind of magic-like effect that turned her hair white (looks white on my TV, not grey...)

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I'm not chalking it up to stress. Stress would show in her face, too. But she doesn't show signs of stress in her face. I think it's supposed to be some kind of magic-like effect that turned her hair white (looks white on my TV, not grey...)

Emotionally and physically jarring moments in time can cause intense physiological reactions. Such as the sudden changing of hair color?

Slaying her beloved lover and her unborn child while staring in to her eyes and losing everything she loved may count as one of those moments.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I kinda feel like they realized how much the show's original characters have changed since the start,(Floki looks like he's about 100 years old, Rollo looks like a fat old Grandpa) then realized Lagertha looks exactly the same and just said "Screw it, dye her hair white".

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I kinda feel like they realized how much the show's original characters have changed since the start,(Floki looks like he's about 100 years old, Rollo looks like a fat old Grandpa) then realized Lagertha looks exactly the same and just said "Screw it, dye her hair white".
Pretty much this. She's still hot in my book.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Did anyone else experience the narration voiceover during the last episode?

It was on every stream I came across

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What a hot mess this season is. Iceland parts are really just fastforward bits now and the Queen telling Lagertha that she has a lump in the breast and women die from it just felt unnecessary foreshadowing to present day.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What a muddled mess of an episode!

The King's mother finds a lump on her breast, but is otherwise in perfect health. At around the same time Ube challenges the Danish King to a one-on-one fight to the death

And before the fight takes place, the King's mother dies?

It's as if the writers have no idea how cancer works!

Also, the fight to the death was horribly done. Ube had the mount position - twice! - and was raining bombs down on the guy's face. Nobody is getting up from that!

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah. Lame. And next episode's the season finale. Although at least it did give us an extended fight sequence, lame and unrealistic though it may have been.

Don't have a lot of faith in the show in the upcoming Battle for Kattegat. Realized I didn't like the last season finale cliffhanger...when they did the last Battle of Kattegat. After which Ivar just sat around being annoying for an entire season.

Sigh. Oh well, only one season left. Not the same without Ragnar and Rollo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
YEah the Queen suddenly being dead when the fight is just beginning made no sense. At least I got a kick out of Floki finding out Christians had been to Iceland first.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
What a hot mess this season is. Iceland parts are really just fastforward bits now and the Queen telling Lagertha that she has a lump in the breast and women die from it just felt unnecessary foreshadowing to present day.

The Iceland bits have been the worst part of this season. Not only is the place desolate and just looks awful, but the family blood feud story line just was never very compelling.

Floki finding the cross after saying he feels the gods was pretty hilarious.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad