Signing(s): Vikings to hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as their next GM

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I didn't think there is compensation for a coach taking a higher job. Aka, Bienemy going from Assistant to HC.

Same with Mensah, he isn't the GM of the browns and thus if he is taking the GM position there should be no compensation.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I though they did away with compensation for hiring execs thing a few years ago

I was under impression people felt it limited some of the available job opportunities for guys because teams didn't want to pay to bring them in

To me it never made sense to demand compensation for guy leaving leaving organization for a GM job elsewhere

-- Seeing post above, Still think its dumb --

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The compensation is for developing a minority candidate who was hired by another team as GM or HC. This rule just started last year. As stated above, the league pays the compensation not the hiring team.

Personally, I think it's a flawed rule because in some cases such as this one the guy being hired worked for multiple teams not just one. The Rams getting a pick for the Lions hiring Holmes last year makes sense as he spent his entire career with them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The compensation is for developing a minority candidate who was hired by another team as GM or HC. This rule just started last year. As stated above, the league pays the compensation not the hiring team.

Personally, I think it's a flawed rule because in some cases such as this one the guy being hired worked for multiple teams not just one. The Rams getting a pick for the Lions hiring Holmes last year makes sense as he spent his entire career with them.
2 comp picks seems excessive. 1 was fine.

like KC if Biennemy goes to Chicago to join the exec would have 4 extra 3rd round picks. If they nail even half of those they can get replacements for guys who get too expensive for them.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Don't know enough about him to say one way or another. Just happy a new regime is in place...and also praying they don't hire Todd Bowels.
This is one of those hirings it’s impossible to love or hate because it’s always so hard to know anything about what assistant GM types do. Seems like a good guy, so hopefully, he does well.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad