Signing(s): Vikings extend Diggs

Sep 19, 2008
Stefon Diggs’ contract extension with the Vikings is expected to land in the range of around $14 million a season. That’d be right around the going rate for recent wide receiver deals. (twitter.com)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
How will this contract affect the resigning of Barr? I don't follow Minni or their cap space but it must be getting up there?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Stefon Diggs’ contract extension with the Vikings is expected to land in the range of around $14 million a season. That’d be right around the going rate for recent wide receiver deals. (twitter.com)
I would have guessed diggs would be a candidate to move on from the Vikings as they would try to keep their top notch D intact. But, cousins needs weapons to be successful.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
How will this contract affect the resigning of Barr? I don't follow Minni or their cap space but it must be getting up there?

they should be able to keep him assuming he'd get somewhere around 12M per year. it would be tight and they'll have their cap crunch but it can be delayed.

vikings cap guy might be the best in the business. however, re-signing barr could mean letting players like waynes or rudolph walk in 2 years ('20 offseason). or really go all in for the 3 years they have cousins and then bite bullet after that.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Awesome news. He was the one I was worried about the most out of all the potential FAs but they got a reasonable deal done. Rob Brzezinski continues to do great work.

They'll likely have to take care of Thielen at some point here since his contract is a steal.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Great news! One of my favorite Viking. He needs to stay healthy and with Cousins as the QB, I expect big numbers from him for the upcoming season.

I expect his numbers to dip tbh. Thielen and Rudolph will put up numbers because Cousins does most of his work between the numbers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This. Dude is a baller. I'd pay him over Jarvis Landry.

Same here. Yeah, he's probably currently overpaid based on production so far but this is the market for WRs and I think he's one of the better ones out there. Like any other contract, his deal will move down from 9th highest AAV once others get their deals in the next year or so. His underlying numbers are great and I think it's only a matter of time before the stats catch up.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
You can look at the yards and I'll look at the other stuff when determining his value.

I had a friend try to tell me Diggs is overrated and then try to prove his point by using fantasy point inconsistency. People don't understand him (and Thielen) are a lot of the reason Keenum was so good last year.

Numbers aren't everything.

Sure he's probably slightly overpaid, but once these other guys like Beckham and such starting getting paid he'll start dropping down on the salary list.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->