GDT: VIII | "Stuck On A Deserted Island..." | Oilers vs. Isles | 10.17.13 | 5:00 | SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
My prediction:

Islannders watch video footage and realize...just shoot from anywhere and everywhere.

Unlike Pitts, who didnt care at all, Islanders will put everything on net and use THEIR speed.

Goalie who cant track pucks, goalie who cant control rebound, goalie who cant even stop pucks along the ice, goalie who cant help his defense by handling the puck better than a 3 year old on skates for the first time.

6-2
Islanders

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
Game predictions:

Dubnyk bounces back
Yakupov scores
Dubnyk needs to get out of the first with no more than a goal against.

As for Yak, if he scores, he will go on a tear and quiet everything down. He just needs to put a crack in the damn and the flood will happen.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Speaking of the Islanders and the 80s, Dubnyk should start playing like this guy:

gretzky-smith_display_image.jpg

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This thread is depressing, lets go back to a magic time I call the 1980s ...

6812c995-020c-40e8-9592-759ead472f5d.jpg

[/IMG]

Small quibble....

that magazine was on shelves one week before we were eliminated from the playoffs by the Calgary Flames in the deciding game on a Steve Smith own goal blunder. The date, and shooting for 3 in a row headline should've been a giveaway.

You somehow picked the most depressing time of the 80's to reference. :p:

Must be our karma somehow.:laugh: Even when trying to pick good cheer we find tragedy..I'll blame you if further bad spirit karma is unleashed on tonights game. If theres an own goal I'll start shrieking...;)

edit, I see an astute neighbor above beat me to the defining punch by 2 minutes. lol, who says this board isn't any good.

Last edited:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't get why so many people here still think Arcobello is a crappy AHL scrub and can't wait for him to be sent down.
He's been one of the best Oilers this year.

other than some bad luck with his shooting, what's the problem?
he works hard every shift, 6 points (tied for the team lead) with only 16 minutes a game of ice time, best +/- on the team, and 58% in the faceoff circle.

The Oilers have problems, but he has not been one of them.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Never. Again.

I just realized that MacT's "Bold moves" is just the 2013 version of Lowe's "expect the unexpected."

The Islanders don't seem like a bunch of fancy Dans but they may need some jam, and a second tour of duty on Long Island would be bold.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Oilers 3 Islanders 1

Dubnyk pulls out a good game, although the one goal he lets in is a softie.

I could see this one being in OT too, but I'm calling an Oiler win.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
A first overall pick will do very well against a team coloured white/blue/orange. I like our odds.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I love these early games. Hate waiting till 7 most nights to watch the Oilers play, 5 is way better. :handclap:

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
This game is more winnable for the Oilers then most of you guys think. The Islanders have been very mediocre so far this season.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I love these early games. Hate waiting till 7 most nights to watch the Oilers play, 5 is way better. :handclap:

School years?

Its not so great for the 9-5 crowd depending on perspective and whether wants a full view of head on carnage or enter game subsequent to collision incident..

Whoops, just had an Enter Sandman flashback..maybe I shouldn't watch..too scary

Last edited:

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013

I do like how the earlier end to the game gives me time to calm down before bed, otherwise I'm tossing and turning for at least an hour out of frustration half the time.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Eh? When was it said he'll be out "for a while"?

Eakins said in an interview on Oilers.com (postgame from last game?) that they sent him home, he's no longer on the road trip. I guess they're not putting guys on IR this year unless they have to, for reasons I don't understand? He said that in another interview a while back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad