GDT: VIII | "Stuck On A Deserted Island..." | Oilers vs. Isles | 10.17.13 | 5:00 | SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Come on Yak, time to capitalize on those 2nd line minutes.

I want to see Dubby get a shutout, but if we're down a couple goals and it's looking like another piss poor effort I want to see him get blown out by 9 goals so our goalie search becomes that much more dire

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Come on Yak, time to capitalize on those 2nd line minutes.

I want to see Dubby get a shutout, but if we're down a couple goals and it's looking like another piss poor effort I want to see him get blown out by 9 goals so our goalie search becomes that much more dire

I just want to see Dubnykov give up less than 4 goals

fysloc

Dec 23, 2011
I want Arcobello to score his first NHL goal before being sent down when Gagner comes back. He's running out of time.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This thread is depressing, lets go back to a magic time I call the 1980s ...

6812c995-020c-40e8-9592-759ead472f5d.jpg

300px-G1_OptimusPrime_toy.jpg

z00WmrUSK2xn0nkg4mJA_E.T.jpg

michael_jackson.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Loved this thing. Pretty sure it's in my parents basement somewhere. Don't think I ever had the ramp for it though.

Well after dinner you can walk downstairs and get it:sarcasm:

You can thank 1260 for talking about people living in their parents basement for that comment.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This. Arcobello is +4 on the season? haha wow.
He has played phenomenally just super snake bitten right now. If half of his amazing chances went in we would have a few more wins right now, and that says a lot about the guy.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Well after dinner you can walk downstairs and get it:sarcasm:

You can thank 1260 for talking about people living in their parents basement for that comment.

I can't infract them so you'll have to act as proxy. ;)

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Dubnyk has to have a decent game eventually. He's right, it's not like he's lost all his ability in two weeks. The question is how long it takes for him to snap out of it, and whether the Oilers can afford to wait. It's getting to the point where they can't.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know what to really hope for. I hope Dubnyk and Yak both have great games, but if they start doing well then who becomes the whipping boy?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Ugh. It should be:

Jones - Acton - Gazdic

for our 4th line tonight. Clutterbuck and Martin?

Also, I wish Joensuu was playing. Poop to that. Poop to that indeed.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
He has played phenomenally just super snake bitten right now. If half of his amazing chances went in we would have a few more wins right now, and that says a lot about the guy.

I wouldn't really say that he is snakebitten, I just think his shot is subpar but has good awareness for passing

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I would rather we start the season crap and work our game to where it needs to be than start off average and finish poor. The start of the season is usually a fleeting glimpse of hope for us, I take solace in the change and hope that this is what we need to become successful.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Was the Pittsburgh game a turnaround for the team?

The 3rd period against the Devils apparently wasn't.

The Oilers should match up fairly well against the Isles I think, but we obviously need a win here.

I would actually start Dubnyk; one way or another, we have to see if he's salvageable.

This is what i am thinking. He is PAID to be a starter. NO ONE will want to acquire him...period. BUT it will prove one way or the other if he should completely be shipped to ECHL trash heap and forgotten.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
This thread is depressing, lets go back to a magic time I call the 1980s ...

6812c995-020c-40e8-9592-759ead472f5d.jpg

300px-G1_OptimusPrime_toy.jpg

z00WmrUSK2xn0nkg4mJA_E.T.jpg

michael_jackson.jpg

I had that exact issue of that magazine! It's possible that I used my first ever Loonie, (introduced that year) received via allowance to buy it... though I could be confusing that with an issue of BMXAction.

If I was a smarter boy though I would have saved it up for a chocolate milkshake at the Burger-Bus and split that with Winnie Cooper. But I wasn't so smooth back then... took another 20 years at least!

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad