GDT: VIII | "Stuck On A Deserted Island..." | Oilers vs. Isles | 10.17.13 | 5:00 | SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 4m
"He hasn't played as well as we'd hoped. I talked to him this morning and he's ready to go out and battle." - Coach Eakins on Dubnyk

I would agree with this statement.

I like Devan Dubnyk, I really hope he pulls through!

I don't like certain things about his game but I do think he will be back to form soon. He is too calm and cool of a guy to let a few horrible games get to him forever.

Look at Carey Price, same type of demeanor and he still plays well after being terrible for stretches particularly in the playoffs. And most importantly, his team doesn't quit on him, and neither will the Oilers so long as their captain has the ears of his teammates IMO.

Another example is Luongo - epic fails in the playoffs, fan and media hate and the guy still bounces back during the reg season and even had a good playoff last year. That's what pro's do.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
How does Brown keep getting into the line up. Dude can't make or receive a pass, he's good for a dump in and a few hits that have no bearing on the play.

Gazdic can seemingly play some basic hockey, what gives ??

Brown has to play, so his sweet 'stache gets some air time.

TheWarriorSwe

Sep 14, 2013
Stavanger
I bet against oilers all the games so far. Today i bet on the oilers. Games been better and better latly and i think we are due for a win.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
It's kinda crazy to think about it as the 8th game of the season, but I'm starting to think this game is a must win. We need a W.

Definitely a must-win for Dubnyk. I can't imagine Boldy MacT will have any further patience with him if he lays an egg tonight. No exaggeration, this is probably the biggest game of his career so far. Let's see how he does.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Dubnyk doesn't react well under pressure, and if he ***** the bed in this game, his NHL career could be over come next summer. For that reason alone, I think the Isle put 6 past him.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
I’m actually excited for this game, mostly because I grew up on the Oilers – Islanders rivalry.

Unfortunatly, that’s pretty much the only reason I’m excited for this game

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Dubnyk doesn't react well under pressure, and if he ***** the bed in this game, his NHL career could be over come next summer. For that reason alone, I think the Isle put 6 past him.

C'mon, his spirit animal is the giraffe, the ultimate calm under pressure animal!

:help:

Can you imagine Dubnyk in the playoffs? :shakehead Like if a starting goalie got us there, got hurt, and then he was pressed into action I mean, obviously.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Islanders are on a 3 game losing streak?

Oh man, welcome the slump busters.

Stay tuned to find out which team fulfills that job that they've occupied for many, many years.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oh Dubnyk's in net?
I don't even know if I should bother watching this goaltending debacle haha

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
dubby needs a big game, and yakupov needs like 5 goals to shut everyone in the league up. here's hoping he absolutely snipes 6 or 7 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->