GDT: VIII | "Stuck On A Deserted Island..." | Oilers vs. Isles | 10.17.13 | 5:00 | SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm just hoping for a win. Should be a good game at least.

I'm surprised they are playing in Rexall place Oilbleeder. I guess I must have missed something. :huh:

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I am so confused right now. I don't even remember posting a GDT. I wasn't drinking so I can't be all "dude I got so drunk last night, I actually made a GDT."

Oh god I think I sleep posted again. :help:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It would honestly be nice if Dubnyk started, because it would determine one of two things.

He can turn his game around

or

He's so bad right now he need to go to OKC for a bit.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
February apathy in October. The score will be whatever to whatever-3 for the Islanders.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Pretty sure we lose again because our goalies will let us down yet again. Just once this year I'd like to see them steal a game for us.

Steal a game? I just want them to show up for a game then nothing has to be stollen.

I predict the Oilers lose the game and the main board tell all how JT is a tier one first overall and how Hall is second tier.

With that all being said I'm putting all my ****ing vcash on the Oilers.:(

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
One interesting point is that we've been losing to East teams. If we get our act together and can take games from our own division, we'll be in good shape.

Tonight's going to be critical points though, as going 1-4-1 against the East when other teams are winning most of their games will take a few months to come back from.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Was the Pittsburgh game a turnaround for the team?

The 3rd period against the Devils apparently wasn't.

The Oilers should match up fairly well against the Isles I think, but we obviously need a win here.

I would actually start Dubnyk; one way or another, we have to see if he's salvageable.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I've got a good feeling about tonight.

5-2 Oilers . Hall finally has a breakout game, and shows up Tavares.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I am so confused right now. I don't even remember posting a GDT. I wasn't drinking so I can't be all "dude I got so drunk last night, I actually made a GDT."

Oh god I think I sleep posted again. :help:

Probably dreaming about me. Again.

If you're making a Soli theme, you should change "Deserted" to "lonely"

Ta-dah! Acronym!

( you don't count the single a's)

Not that you're lonely Soli. Any L word would do...

Am I just digging a bigger hole?

How did I not see that. Erm, how did Oilbleeder not see that?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 3m
Hall-Arcobello-Eberle, Perron-RNH-Yakupov, Smyth-Gordon-Hemsky, Jones-Acton-Brown, Smid-Petry, Ference-N. Schultz, Belov-J. Schultz

I actually like these lines.

Just get Eberle on the top PP unit.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Historically, the Oilers don't do well on the island. Struggling team coming in, shoddy defence and goaltending. This one has all the makings of a blowout. 6-2 Islanders. How I'd love my head to be wrong and my heart right.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
The Islanders board has an awesome GDT. Yous guys should go checker out.

I want the Oilers to go back to one unit running a 3 forward 2 Dman PP. Just try it out...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 3m
Hall-Arcobello-Eberle, Perron-RNH-Yakupov, Smyth-Gordon-Hemsky, Jones-Acton-Brown, Smid-Petry, Ference-N. Schultz, Belov-J. Schultz

I actually like these lines.

Just get Eberle on the top PP unit.

Aren't those the lines from last game? Up front anyway.

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Dubnyk gets the start today - he's ready to go out and battle. FML.

"It's not like I forgot how to play goal... It'll be a couple of small adjustments that will make the difference." - Dubnyk

The Joker*

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 4m
"He hasn't played as well as we'd hoped. I talked to him this morning and he's ready to go out and battle." - Coach Eakins on Dubnyk

I would agree with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad