Status
Not open for further replies.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
:rant:Screwed by the refs again

The refs are the least of our problems.

This team is not physical, the drive isn't there, we have no forecheck; there is virtually no cycling in the offensive zone.

I could go on, but my point is that the refs really aren't to blame at all.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Eberle's button hooks are so incredibly predictable and frustrating. He has a top 10 wrist shot in the league, just get it on net. At the very least it'll give the goalie trouble and maybe a rebound.

Bouch1337

Mar 19, 2008
Ottawa
3 years of being the worst team in the league when you factor in this game allows people to be upset. Good teams don't have games like this as frequently as the Oilers do.

I agree but reactionary viewership is terribly annoying

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
We have had 10 quality chances this game and have 1 goal. That's the difference.

Exactly. The 'next step' for this team is learning to complete those opportunities. Then they will win even more.

oilerfanatic

Oct 12, 2005
Siberia
This is the type of game where the Oilers' lack of size is killing them in their ability to win battles along the boards. Not enough puck possession is translating into being vastly outshot.

Colorado isn't nearly as talented, but they're absolutely grinding out a win here. The Oilers just can't compete against bigger, stronger players.

Bingo. This board doesn't seem to get that. Everyone talks about "heart" which is overrated.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hahaha, some people. The team is playing their 3rd road game in less than 72 hours. Just relax, hope you don't break your legs jumping on and off the wagon.

They are playing against a team that is missing 4 of their top 6 forwards.

Thats like playing against the Oilers without Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov.

Tired or not, this is an inexcusable effort.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
For all the *****ing and moaning in this thread, I don't even know if we're being out-chanced that badly. Which is pretty amazing considering our schedule and the reffing tonight. I don't know why I bother with GDTs, lol, it's always such drama.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Eventually this going to catch up to us.

Ralph you better teach your team on how to cycle, good god our play in the offensive zone is bad.

This team can't do nothing except shots from the point. this is very worrying.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
K, we get it. You think Hemsky sucks and won't let anything change your mind.

We think Hemsky is a very useful player because...well, it's obvious to the eye, advanced metrics, and basically anybody who watches him.

Let it go.

I think Hemsky sucks on defensive effort. Let's not generalized. I give him credit for his offensive efforts.

Look up some of successful teams in the playoffs last few years. It's very very hard to find a top 9 forwards that is so weak on defensive side of the game.

Having said that, if Hemsky have a change of heart or attitude, put in a good effort on defense, he can be a key piece for us going forward.

We don't need Yakupov or Gagner to be watching a veteran that doesn't give an effort on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->