Viewing EXperience for Game 6. What-to-do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
So, last nights “Biggest Game of the Season†begat Saturday’s “Biggest Game of the Seasonâ€. 7:00 start. The question is, where do you watch the game?

Choices include:
#1 At home just like any other away game
#2 At home with larger group of friends and family
#3 At a friend/relatives house with a larger group
#4 At a Sports Bar dedicated to the game

#1 should be a non-starter. First off, it’s Saturday night so perfect excuse to party. Second, it’s too big a game to treat as ordinary.
#2 is a favorite of many. Just a matter of whether you want the hassle/stress of hosting if it’s going to distract you from the game.
#3 gives you the close-nit communal benefits of #2 without the hosting hassle. Downside is, you don’t control the environment (i.e. seating, size and quality of TV, eats).
#4 is if you crave the Bridgestone experience for an away game, watching with several hundred gold-clad fellow Predheads gives you chanting, crowd noise, and a large group to cheer or cry with. Down side is comfort, price (you’ll run up a bill), and need to get there early enough to get a good seat.

Since this is an Elimination Game, special care needs to go into this decision. If the game goes good, all 4 options work. If the game goes bad, it depends on how you handle Pred Adversity. #1 allows you complete control to shut it off and mourn in your own personal way. #2 doesn’t give you control of the amount of people, and for how long, if you need to mourn or get angry. Booting people out is bad form so you are at the mercy of your invitees. #3 allows for you to leave abruptly and therefore control your reaction. Still have the risk of all-of-a-sudden hating your friends or family who don’t take it as serious as you. They may not react like you, which may or may not piss you off. #4 affords the same quick escape as #3 (abate getting the check paid in a timely fashion), along with near certainty that others will take the loss as hard as you. People opting for #4 are usually the harder core fans and therefore predictable.

If #4 is the choice, the next question is: where? For the 2011 and 2012 runs, my place was Brewhouse South in Cool Springs. Cool environment and 100% Pred dedicated. All TVs have game on with sound. However, last Sunday the Preds advertised Buffalo Wild Wings (BWW) in Franklin as the “official†watch party for those of us South of the City. We went there (unfortunately right at game time due to another commitment) and it was packed with a 90 minute wait. Only option was to stand and watch, so we re-grouped and opted for #1.

So, for those of use in the Brentwood/Franklin area, what are the choices besides BWW? Does Brewhouse still do it? Others? Now remember, a place is only a consideration if they dedicate their place to the game. All TVs tuned and full sound.

For those of you who did choose #4 last Sunday, where did you go and how was it?

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
Wish they'd lower the mega-tron and show it at Bridgestone ... but not sure of the schedule there.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Based on how the series has gone, you gotta think If you are hosting, it's gonna be a sleep over.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I wasn't always this way, but now if I am watching a team that I am a die-hard, live and die with- fan of, and it is a very important game, I don't like watching in a crowd. I get too nervous and I just like watching at home......Maybe I'm just getting old- lol.

This game certainly qualifies- I will be a nervous wreck from start to finish...

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I wasn't always this way, but now if I am watching a team that I am a die-hard, live and die with- fan of, and it is a very important game, I don't like watching in a crowd. I get too nervous and I just like watching at home......Maybe I'm just getting old- lol.

This game certainly qualifies- I will be a nervous wreck from start to finish...

So, we put you down for 7 layer dip... be at his house around 7.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I'm this way too so for these games we just go to my friend's house and kinda make a half-assed party out of it. That way we don't have to watch it at a bar but we can still be loud and stupid and move around. For games 3 and 4 we probably had around 10 people watching it there and tonight will probably be similar if we don't go to the Bridgestone plaza..

PS it's going to be odd with the arena doors opening for their marathon concert and the Preds festivities starting both at 6.

Last edited:

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Great post ILIILI. I'm typically #1 as I like my focus to be entirely on the game without distractions and most friends and family aren't nearly the same level of fan as me. Too much talking and ignoring of the play going on to risk #2 and #3. As for #4 I have a good buddy who's a Redwings fan and we watched both games at Sam's in Hillsboro village. I was a tad peeved that we had to even ask them to switch to the game on the main screen in the outside room (it was on in the main room). It still wasn't on on all the TVs. The second time (the home game) they refused to even turn the game on in the second room, choosing to leave on a random basketball game forcing us to move to the main room. What a disgrace. I won't be going back there again. Sounds like Brewhouse south is a good option though.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Me and my friends have a perfect set up at a buddy's house in Donelson. Big living room, 2 big TV's, big porch right outside, plenty of room. Only problem is one of the roommates isn't a Preds fan and may invite people over who don't care and crash our party and we only want the 6 or 7 die hards to be there. The struggle is real.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Gonna mix it up a bit tonight. Likely BWW in the Boro for the first period, maybe the second, then back to the house to finish it off and (hopefully) celebrate.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
What to do ? Suggestion
qozo0k.jpg
qozo0k.jpg
qozo0k.jpg

repeat STAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad