View from Press Row - Canes vs Flames

TSportsNet

Here's my take from Sunday's Canes loss to the Flames.

In essence, pace and tempo was off for Carolina.

I expected a sandpaper & grit game from Calgary and saw it happen.

Think of the Canes' style as one that needs every player, every piece functioning together.

Much like connect cogs turning one another in synchronous fashion.

Jam up, or slow any of the pieces, and you shut down its operation.

That's what's happened for them to lose their fourth of last five games against a team that extended its current win streak to eight games.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
s-l1000.jpg

TSportsNet

Thought for a second this was an actual article from TSN.

Very misleading to take the name of one of the largest sports broadcasters out there.

Not all.

Those who live in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area know the Triangle Sports Network (TSN) is a media property owned and operated in North Carolina and covering sports in the area, including hockey.

About Triangle Sports Network - Triangle Sports Network

Thanks for reading.

To follow more media news and notes from the Carolina Hurricanes go to: CanesPR.com

Triangle Sports Network (TSN) articles are included there regularly such as today's at: http://downloads.hurricanes.nhl.com/clips/clips011518.pdf

PK

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Not all.

Those who live in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area know the Triangle Sports Network (TSN) is a media property owned and operated in North Carolina and covering sports in the area, including hockey.

About Triangle Sports Network - Triangle Sports Network

Thanks for reading.

To follow more media news and notes from the Carolina Hurricanes go to: CanesPR.com

Triangle Sports Network (TSN) articles are included there regularly such as today's at: http://downloads.hurricanes.nhl.com/clips/clips011518.pdf

PK
I've lived in Raleigh my whole life. My introduction to hockey was going to Ice Caps games as a kid. As a child my team got to participate in one of those "take the field with a pro" events with the Mudcats, and I vividly remember going to Bulls games at the old stadium. I made the 90 minute drive with my family to Greensboro for the Canes when they first came down and to this day I still have made at least one home game every playoff series the team has ever played.

I have never heard of the Triangle Sports Network. The only TSN I have ever known is the ESPN partner/branch in Canada. It's only one of the absolute major media outlets covering the NHL, so it's more than a little shady to do this. Hell, even your logo is a cheap clipart ripoff of the media giant.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I also lived and have had connections to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary area for 20 years and have never heard of Triangle Sports Network in my life. I also mistakenly thought TSN in the original post author's username referred to the massively well-known and understood TSN sports channel in Canada.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Relax people. He's a credentialed media member who's website has an unfortunate acronym when producing hockey content. Maybe he can change his username and then you can judge by the substance of his article(s)?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Okay, so the editor-in-chief of Triangle Sports Network, and presumably one if not both of our mystery posters, is Peter Koutroumpis.

Peter Koutroumpis also appears to be the only writer on the staff of Triangle Sports Network.

Look, man, I appreciate the hustle. I really do. And I get that you're trying to build a brand and look bigger than you are. But these are literally your first posts on our little forum here, and I gotta say, it's not a great look!

We've got a few writers here who double as press/blogger types. Totally cool, totally welcome, especially since you're actually local. But don't come at us like you're "The View From Press Row" with some kind of sekrit handshake access. It's just gonna make us mock you mercilessly.

Good luck with TSN.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And now mystery member JWEKD weighs in, defends this other mystery member, and tells us to "relax". Ooookay -- who is this new mystery member?

"This member limits who may view their full profile."

Nah, nothing weird or sketchy about this.

JWEKD has, at least, posted here a few times before.

TSN guy, take it from someone who has seen what can happen: You're walking a thin line with your acronym, logo, etc. I used to write for The Guardian Liberty Voice, a paper based out of Las Vegas, though they tried to go with The Guardian Express as a name.

Unsurprisingly, The Guardian (a very well-known UK paper) didn't take to kindly to that and came at them with a trademark infringement claim.

Attempting to deceive your readers by mimicking a bigger, more established outlet will only end poorly for you.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Regarding the article, it was rather disappointing to me. Based on the opening post, I expected the article would provide some insight into some of the things written in the OP. Like talking about the system, what Calgary did to "jam up" one the cogs, etc.., but instead it was just a recap of the game with a few quotes. Not anything we really can't get in a dozen other places.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Actually. The name sounded somewhat familiar, so I googled. The Canadian TSN actually should be well aware of the existence of Triangle Sports Network, because PK (titled as "the owner of Triangle Sports Network") had big part year and a half ago in stirring an ado on twitter when Laine turned down an interview by TSN's own Darren Dreger (right in middle of the WHC about the upcoming Entry Draft). Headline news in Finland back in the day.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And now mystery member JWEKD weighs in, defends this other mystery member, and tells us to "relax". Ooookay -- who is this new mystery member?

"This member limits who may view their full profile."

Nah, nothing weird or sketchy about this.

A quick look at posting history and it looks like he's a Flyers fan that moved into the Triangle. Not sure about the TSN guy. A quick google search shows he did or does teach fitness walking, badmitten and the like at NCSU.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->