TSN: VIDEO Mike Richards 'colorfully' chirping Hossa

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
A friend of mine emailed this to me , it's from the TSN Feed with a post whistle comment by Richards behind the net after he shoves Hossa against the boards:

'You're f'ng diving all over the place, it's f'ng embarrassing.
I know from what his teammate (and opponents say) he chirps and gets into their face all the time. Annoying as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BTg9seTbxiU

That's a large part of what is missed when he's out. That intensity , the swagger, all of that.

And the fact (per the NHL tonight) his 55 playoff points since 2010 leads the NHL , that hurts too.
Hopefully he's okay enough (even sub 100%) to be back Tuesday. He's really missed out there, just not the same without him.

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I wish there was a way to get the uncensored comments, I bet there are players (like Mike) who are great at chirping.
I would love to have heard what he said to Kessler and Burrows last year....

From Scuds post game comment that Richards seemed fine right up until game time. So hopefully, whatever it was (something during warmups maybe) is minor.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Richie :(

Maybe part of it was the back to back games thing. That was a really nasty hit. I don't want to give up on him playing until they officially tell us he's done. They wouldn't send him out there with a concussion so I don't worry about them playing him with a head injury.

It may be denial, but I don't care. They need this guy.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
A friend of mine emailed this to me , it's from the TSN Feed with a post whistle comment by Richards behind the net.
He shoves Hossa who says "what are you doing""
to which Richards replied 'You're f'ng diving all over the place, it's f'ng embarrassing.
I know from what his teammate (and opponents say) he chirps and gets into their face all the time. Annoying as hell.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like he's talking to the ref, not Hossa. The ref is the one who said "Richie, what are you doing", then Richards says what he says, then the refs said, "didn't you see the hook?".

KingKopitar11*

Hossa is a little *****, just like most of the Hawks. Lol Crawford standing up for toews what a joke lol.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hossa is a little *****, just like most of the Hawks. Lol Crawford standing up for toews what a joke lol.

and of ALL the games for Quick to get pulled, it had to be the one where there was a legit chance for a goalie fight :laugh:

...man I miss Richards already :cry: two series' in a row now where a worthless plug gets to take out a key center.

Ron*

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like he's talking to the ref, not Hossa. The ref is the one who said "Richie, what are you doing", then Richards says what he says, then the refs said, "didn't you see the hook?".

That's correct, MacCauley did say that to him. He was referring to Robyn Regehr's hook on Hossa.

Really interesting. MacCauley let the hook go, but he used it as leverage against Richard's argument that Hossa was diving.

Give and take.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Prayer circle for Richie!
tumblr_mln4srppEH1roe08ko3_500.gif

tumblr_mmfvxzsKuM1roe08ko1_500.gif

24mgm0k.gif

tumblr_mimy5mdmjP1roe08ko1_500.gif

tumblr_mimy5mdmjP1roe08ko5_500.gif

Ad