Video highlight of the tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Sorry for starting a separate thread for this, but if anything is deserving of one it's this. You've got to see this japan own-goal.

Here's the link:

http://www.czech-tv.cz/hokej04/

Click on the one that says: Sugawarův vlastní gól poslal Japonsko do boje o záchranu
(27. 4. 2004 / WMV 2,7 MB / 29 sec.)

The direct link to the video page doesn't seem to work, but the above link should get you there..

It's at about 16 seconds. There's a great slow motion replay...watch as the guy actually celebrates until he realizes what he's done. That is one of the most hilarious hockey moments that I've EVER seen.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
:amazed: :lol

When I watched it for the first time, I swear I didn't even notice anything strange - I had actually assumed it was a Danish player who scored the goal!

Just...legendary.

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Own goals happen, but when you start to celebrate it and then realize it was on your own net, you put yourself in a whole different class of loser.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Don_Cherry said:
Own goals happen, but when you start to celebrate it and then realize it was on your own net, you put yourself in a whole different class of loser.

I really feel bad for the guy. If he was Swedish or Russian or from any other "hockey country" I would just laugh.

chicpea*

The game was tied! Holy zhitnik that has got to be one of the worst moments caught on tape.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
To that Japanese guy's credit, I don't think he was really celebrating, even though it looks like he's waving his hands in the air for a second.

I think the puck came to him in the slot and he just wanted to get rid of it asap into the corner, but ended up burying it.

Now that I look at it a 3rd time, I take it all back. That guy really did try to score on his own net. The way he darted into the slot isn't something you do in the defensive zone.. What a moron.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
is there any other mirrors that host it? None of the ones in this thread work for me

Natural Habs Fan

Nov 28, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Jacobv2 said:
Now that I look at it a 3rd time, I take it all back. That guy really did try to score on his own net. The way he darted into the slot isn't something you do in the defensive zone.. What a moron.

He probably thought that it was his chance to win the game.

I just love the half-celebration thing he does before he realizes that he's an idiot.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Natural Habs Fan said:
He probably thought that it was his chance to win the game.

I just love the half-celebration thing he does before he realizes that he's an idiot.

Come on you guys; Who hasn't scored intentionally on his own net?...

Oh, right, none of us! :lol :lol :lol

Beakermania*

This is the greatest goal in the history of hockey.

:lol :lol :lol :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad