OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It's incredible how difficult it is to get a ps5. I was refreshing my wal-mart app for the 9PM release last night and they sold out of pre-orders within seconds

Pre-orders are already being listed on eBay for $800+.

At least the previous launch releases, they waited until around Xmas.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I pre-ordered Squadrons (on Steam). Cross-platform multiplayer, VR support, HOTAS support, a full single-player campaign, AND it's only $39? That's a lot of boxes checked for me.

Just have to hope that it's actually, you know, good.

Reactions: Hivemind

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Huge news just now, Microsoft has just bought out Bethesda Softworks, our local gaming publisher giant (Rockville, Maryland), and all its IP as well as other studios under Zenimax for $7.5 billion.

Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Doom
Wolfenstein
others

Microsoft to Buy Bethesda and Parent Company ZeniMax Media [Update] - IGN

Microsoft now owns The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Doom | PC Gamer

Holy shit. My stepbrother works for Bethesda (Skyrim, Fallout, etc). Trying to find out what this means for him.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Huge news just now, Microsoft has just bought out Bethesda Softworks, our local gaming publisher giant (Rockville, Maryland), and all its IP as well as other studios under Zenimax for $7.5 billion.

Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Doom
Wolfenstein
others

Microsoft to Buy Bethesda and Parent Company ZeniMax Media [Update] - IGN

Microsoft now owns The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Doom | PC Gamer

What the actual ....? There had been rumors of MS spending a lot of money on something, but most people thought it was Gamepass related.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Holy shit. My stepbrother works for Bethesda (Skyrim, Fallout, etc). Trying to find out what this means for him.

Yeah, $7.5 billion is... quite a bit of moolah. Maybe your stepbrother will finally deliver on that promise of getting you that new state-of-the-art backyard grill that he promised a few Christmases ago :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah, $7.5 billion is... quite a bit of moolah. Maybe your stepbrother will finally deliver on that promise of getting you that new state-of-the-art backyard grill that he promised a few Christmases ago :laugh:

LOL we keep missing each other on golf trips. I'll settle for one of those.

Now I'm concerned MS makes all Bethesda titles Xbox exclusives. I'm a PS guy these days.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
What the actual ....? There had been rumors of MS spending a lot of money on something, but most people thought it was Gamepass related.

Perfectly timed with Xbox preorders release.

And with all these new IPs going to Gamepass.. you would think this shakes up the PC gaming world.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I pre-ordered Squadrons (on Steam). Cross-platform multiplayer, VR support, HOTAS support, a full single-player campaign, AND it's only $39? That's a lot of boxes checked for me.

Just have to hope that it's actually, you know, good.
I'm considering dropping the cash for a HOTAS for this game.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
So just completed Dark Souls Remastered (100% achievement). Loved it, but was exhausting (just like Sekiro and Bloodborne).

I want the next game to be a little bit more nice and slower paced.. any suggestions?

I saw that Crusader Kings 3 came out. I loved 2, but I'm afraid that my old rig might not be able to handle this new one. Anyone try it out?

I have roughly 500 hours in CK2 (mostly playing the Elder Scrolls mod). CK3 is on my wishlist but I'm holding out for a bit. It's Paradox, best to wait until a good amount of DLC is out.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I have roughly 500 hours in CK2 (mostly playing the Elder Scrolls mod). CK3 is on my wishlist but I'm holding out for a bit. It's Paradox, best to wait until a good amount of DLC is out.

Yeah it might be best to wait until I upgrade my rig and for a lot of DLC comes out (altgough expensive.. I dropped hundreds of dollars on Stellaris and DLCs not too long ago and its been out for years).

I love CK though.. and after reading about this, I really have that urge to play the new one.. :laugh:

This Crusader Kings 3 player ate the Pope | PC Gamer: And it was a real stress-reliever.

Its stuff like this what made me fall in love with CK.

Edit: or this

Last edited:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm considering dropping the cash for a HOTAS for this game.
I just checked what was available (was going to recommend my Thrustmaster T-Flight X, which is a great entry-level/budget option if $$$ is an issue), but it looks like a lot of the most popular ones are sold out everywhere! I had been considering a minor upgrade to the Thrustmaster 16000 FCS, but that's sold out too.

I want to believe everyone's buying them because they're pumped for Squadrons (lol), but it's probably an overseas production issue?

EDIT: A friend just pointed out that it's probably because of Flight Simulator 2020. That makes more sense.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I just checked what was available (was going to recommend my Thrustmaster T-Flight X, which is a great entry-level/budget option if $$$ is an issue), but it looks like a lot of the most popular ones are sold out everywhere! I had been considering a minor upgrade to the Thrustmaster 16000 FCS, but that's sold out too.

I want to believe everyone's buying them because they're pumped for Squadrons (lol), but it's probably an overseas production issue?

EDIT: A friend just pointed out that it's probably because of Flight Simulator 2020. That makes more sense.

Yeah, I've researched a few different options, but everything seems to be sold out or buying from 3rd party vendors at outrageously marked up prices. Gonna wait until closer to release to see what's stocked, but strongly considering this option simply because it's in stock:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Had a little too much bourbon last night and bought Tony Hawk 1&2 Remastered on PS4. It's so good. Immediately put me in a time warp to 20 years ago.

Fall Guys is equal parts fun and infuriating. I've made it to the final stage probably 15 times and have never won.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I ended up with preorders for both machines. I'm going to keep the series X and give the PS5 to a friend & neighbor.

Since I'm getting the Xbox I decided it's time to get GamePass, so I did the Live to GamePass conversion after buying 3 years of Live. So now I have prepaid GamePassUltimate until September of 2023.

I messed around with Flight Simulator and now I'm downloading Wasteland 3.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Finally picked back up The Last of Us II last week. Hadn't played it for months because of travel, work, kids being home, and it being tough to stomach at first but for whatever reason I'm enjoying it a lot more now than I did before. The story is really phenomenal, it's unlike any game I can remember playing.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Finished Ghosts of Tsushima this week, that's a great game. It's not super deep or revolutionary in any way, but everything about it is fun. And the art style is gorgeous, even if the technical performance isn't great.

Buy it, play it!

It's also a relatively easy platinum. It only took me an extra 2-3 hours after finishing the campaign to pick it up, but I did do all the side quests before finishing.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Finished Ghosts of Tsushima this week, that's a great game. It's not super deep or revolutionary in any way, but everything about it is fun. And the art style is gorgeous, even if the technical performance isn't great.

Buy it, play it!

It's also a relatively easy platinum. It only took me an extra 2-3 hours after finishing the campaign to pick it up, but I did do all the side quests before finishing.

It's on my list but I'll probably wait for it to go on sale since I have other stuff in the queue.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Now I'm concerned MS makes all Bethesda titles Xbox exclusives. I'm a PS guy these days.

Seriously, I might have to hold out on the PS5 with this in mind. Elder Scrolls 6 will literally determine
which platform I purchase.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Buy it, play it!

Yeah these are my exact thoughts as well. And I’m going to reiterate my initial impression: it’s easy to pick up and play and unlike RDR2 it doesn’t feel like a chore to go from point A to point B.

Reactions: Devil Dancer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad