OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So just completed Dark Souls Remastered (100% achievement). Loved it, but was exhausting (just like Sekiro and Bloodborne).

I want the next game to be a little bit more nice and slower paced.. any suggestions?

I saw that Crusader Kings 3 came out. I loved 2, but I'm afraid that my old rig might not be able to handle this new one. Anyone try it out?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I finally tried Nier: Automata and I'm amazed. It took a minute to really understand what was going on and I almost put it down like twice, but four endings (plus some game over ones) later and it's one of the best gaming experiences of my entire life. The final end credits moment is just astonishing.

Reactions: tenken00

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ugh, Nier Automata has been near the top of my Steam Queue of Shame for a while now. I really need to get around to playing it. I've played through the beginning two or three times and then never gotten back to it.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Nier:Automata was great, nothing like I expected it to be. The story and its tale of existentialism was surprisingly deep by the end of its many playthroughs. It leaves a strong impression on you.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Nier had amazing presentation, but the gameplay was really shallow. I enjoyed it overall, but a better combat system would have made it a classic.

Reactions: sycamore

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
No one wants to take my ps5 preorder :oops:. Keep refreshing at so many sites over and over and pops up sold out and then not sold out and then sold out. Its crazy right now.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
No one wants to take my ps5 preorder :oops:. Keep refreshing at so many sites over and over and pops up sold out and then not sold out and then sold out. Its crazy right now.

Yeah same here. I usually don't get new consoles right at launch but for some reason I want the PS5 right away.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Yeah same here. I usually don't get new consoles right at launch but for some reason I want the PS5 right away.

Yeah I didn't get that sudden urge until I saw all my news feeds on every social media from friends successfully getting their orders in :eek:

Bastards!!

And the video clips look absolutely gorgeous

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Got a PS5 on pre-order today. Sam's Club seems to still have them available, but you need a membership (or you need to know someone who does).

Was reading earlier that bots crashed the Best Buy website last night and made it impossible for any "normal" people to buy one. Pretty crappy.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
NHL 94 Rewind?!?!

NHL Rewind 94 Leaked On Ratings Site

Could be the original NHL 94 with only players they have deals with in NHL 21(Could mean no Bondra or Hunter,sorta), or it could mean that we have present day rosters(Ovechkin needs to be the Roenick of this game, he is the cheat code of the NHL)

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Got a PS5 on pre-order today. Sam's Club seems to still have them available, but you need a membership (or you need to know someone who does).

Was reading earlier that bots crashed the Best Buy website last night and made it impossible for any "normal" people to buy one. Pretty crappy.

We're members but they are already out of stock. I'll try again later.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I've tried and no luck as well. Best option might be to wait til mid-late October and hope todays hype dies down then. IF, and thats a huge IF, the hype dies down you might be able to get one before Black Friday, which I imagine will be REALLY chaotic in terms of ordering.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
You can also go on playstation.com and enter your PS User ID for a chance to order one. I entered my ID and will buy one if I win; if I do I'll shoot a note here and sell it to someone at-cost.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010

Which version did you end up getting? The normal disc version or the digital only? I'm about to secretly leave work (shhh) and stop by physical stores to see if I have any luck.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Which version did you end up getting? The normal disc version or the digital only? I'm about to secretly leave work (shhh) and stop by physical stores to see if I have any luck.
Normal disk version. I have binders of old movies and shows on DVD and my PS is the only DVD/Blu-Ray player I have in the house. Plus there are a few games I like to have physical copies of as collector's items. Figured it's worth the extra $100 but I'd have gone digital if not for the collection I already have.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I got a disk version on Amazon last night through sheer luck. A friend pinged me when the preorders went up, and I just happened to look at my phone in time to snag one.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Best Buy, Walmart, Target physical stores. No luck. Said try again in a few days.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Maybe its because your PS4 sounds like its about to explode?

Thats my reason.
I recently had to replace the power source on my PS4... think I damn near killed my machine playing through Assassin’s Creed Odyssey during Covid. It took me about 10 minutes and cost $60 ($50 for the power supply, $10 for some specific wrenches) but it works like new now.

Reactions: usiel

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm tempted but this year has been a bloodbath of unexpected expenses, so will probably revel in cheap PS4 games for a while, then take the plunge after the initial frenzy dies down and supplies/games go up for the 5.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Can the ps5 legit roll with 4k resolution? That is probably the only thing that would tempt me.

That nvidia 3080 FE is a tempting upgrade from my 1070.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
It's incredible how difficult it is to get a ps5. I was refreshing my wal-mart app for the 9PM release last night and they sold out of pre-orders within seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad