OT: Video Games IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Available on both latest gen consoles and the previous gen. No PC edition. No cross-platform multiplayer. Playstation 3 & 4 users will have some content earlier than XBox users (one PvP map, one strike mission, some gear).

No PC is surprising. I'm also surprised more developers haven't gotten into cross-platform but eh.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, I wish there was a PC version.

I think cross-platform is something we all want, but probably wouldn't boost the sale of individual games all that much. Probably not really worth the investment for the developers. If anything, it might even hurt console sales.

ryan519*

i cant believe nhl 15 wont have EASHL on the next gen, thats the only mode i play

just when i thought EA couldnt possibly **** us any more

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
So why are they not including EASHL on the next gen? Ive never even played it...but seems that you would fatten up the next gen version and not the old.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Apparently they couldn't get it in in time.

Just like they couldn't get in user drafting in Be a GM or sim to next shift in Be a Pro.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Is the no drafting thing confirmed by EA?

If it's true, I won't be buying. Pretty much exclusively the mode I play.

It's all over the EA forums confirmed by multiple early access users and viewable in streams on Twitch.

Probably should also mention that you can't play your AHL affiliate games (or set AHL lines or anything).

There's a BaGM thread on OperationSports that has all the details, but suffice it to say that if you're a BaGM guy, old-gen or no purchase is the way to go.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't own a next gen console, but at this point I'm going to skip this year out of principle. That's completing neutering the mode I play. These EA Sports monopolies are a joke.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I don't own a next gen console, but at this point I'm going to skip this year out of principle. That's completing neutering the mode I play. These EA Sports monopolies are a joke.

Shame you're going to miss the year they have the Caps defense rated higher than the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->