OT: Video Games IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
NBTW, or someone else who's played it, has that new Hockey Manager game been updated enough to be worth buying?

I bought it during Steam sale, its £12 I wish I had back. Completely awful, idk if its high expectations because of Football Manager, but everything about the game feels incomplete. The presentation of it is completely awful though, and thats one major thing that turns me off trying to play it again.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Found that I had bought The Simpsons Arcade game on 360 before it was delisted, got way too happy about it

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

heavy-breathing-cat.jpg

Damn it! And naturally right after I finished building a new gaming machine for the past 4 months.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
So torn on the NHL 15 videos. I'll probably get it regardless as there's nothing else to play, but I'm really not a fan of the new announcing.

Also torn on whether I want it for the One or the PS4. Playstation has always been easier for Rosters and what not but Xbox I have at least 1 friend I know who'll play it.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Damn it! And naturally right after I finished building a new gaming machine for the past 4 months.

What are your specs?

Gamescon trailer: Hawke, Morrigan and possibly the Warden make an appearance. Oh yeah, there's one hell of a freaky looking enemy as well

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So torn on the NHL 15 videos. I'll probably get it regardless as there's nothing else to play, but I'm really not a fan of the new announcing.

Also torn on whether I want it for the One or the PS4. Playstation has always been easier for Rosters and what not but Xbox I have at least 1 friend I know who'll play it.

I never get it for the one friend, unless it's your wife

If you already use rosters to the point where you recognize PS4 superiority in that area then it'll be worth it for you.

If you're into the multi-player aspect, I'd keep a close eye on the talk that EASHL and GMC won't be on the XB1 or PS4.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I never get it for the one friend, unless it's your wife

If you already use rosters to the point where you recognize PS4 superiority in that area then it'll be worth it for you.

If you're into the multi-player aspect, I'd keep a close eye on the talk that EASHL and GMC won't be on the XB1 or PS4.

I couldn't careless about EASHL however PS4 is just easier to move Rosters.

Does anyone have experience with that NHLView? Curious if they'll have it for the next generation in a few months.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
What are your specs?

Gamescon trailer: Hawke, Morrigan and possibly the Warden make an appearance. Oh yeah, there's one hell of a freaky looking enemy as well

Intel i5 cpu
16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Intel 530 SSD
2x Evga GTX670 2GB in SLI mode
Corsair H80i water cooler
Creative Titanium HD sound card
Acer 27" IPS monitor (2560x1440)
Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard (cherry mx blue)

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hey y'all. Steam is having a 2K sale until the 24th. There are some pretty good deals, including:

Borderlands 2 (Game of the Year Edition): $9.99
X-Com Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within DLC: $16.49
Civilization 5 Complete (including all DLC): $16.49
Bioshock 1 + 2 + Infinite: $10.19

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Has anyone played the Destiny Beta? If so, what was your opinion. I'm debating on what to pick up on September 9th between Destiny and NHL 15. More than likely I will pick up NHL because of getting ahead in Ultimate Team before everyone gets it around Christmas time. Don't have enough in the old college budget to pick up both

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
The original Bioshock is good, I wouldn't recommend any of the others.

My takeaway of the Destiny Beta - it's Halo for Xbox One (the platform I played it on). The controls, the feel, all the same as Halo 4. Pretty, but didn't get the sense of much (if any) innovation.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
First Bioshock was great. I haven't played the others, but Infinite got really good reviews and my roommate liked it. At that price, you can't really go wrong.

Has anyone played the Destiny Beta? If so, what was your opinion. I'm debating on what to pick up on September 9th between Destiny and NHL 15. More than likely I will pick up NHL because of getting ahead in Ultimate Team before everyone gets it around Christmas time. Don't have enough in the old college budget to pick up both
Loved it. I'm definitely picking up Destiny, the only question for me is whether I buy on PS3 or cave and grab a PS4.

My best one liner to describe it is that it's Halo meets Diablo. The aesthetic and controls are definitely Halo-esque, but the community, leveling, and loot system are similar to an action RPG.

There are some concerns about it (how much content will be in the initial release vs. the expansions, lack of good communication system, how balanced with PvP be, viability of end game content), but I have no doubt I'll get at least $60 worth of entertainment from the game.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So Destiny = better-looking Borderlands?

Sort of. There are more MMO elements in Destiny, though it's not really a full-fledged MMO, either. You encounter other players when adventuring, though missions are in instanced areas that only you/your fireteam will be in. Certain missions (strikes & raids) require a group to play, though strikes will pair you with randoms if you don't have one already. Raids (end-game content) will need a pre-made group and will reset weekly.

There's also PvP.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Sort of. There are more MMO elements in Destiny, though it's not really a full-fledged MMO, either. You encounter other players when adventuring, though missions are in instanced areas that only you/your fireteam will be in. Certain missions (strikes & raids) require a group to play, though strikes will pair you with randoms if you don't have one already. Raids (end-game content) will need a pre-made group and will reset weekly.

There's also PvP.

That sounds incredible. XB1?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
BioShock 1 & 2 are great, but Infinite was a big step back for the series. Elizabeth is an excellent character, though, and I'm planning to play Burial at Sea when I can get both for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad