OT: Video Games III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Haha. 1st part closed just as I was asking my question.

I noticed the discussion of mice came up. Any thoughts on the Razer Orochi?

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I picked up a Cyborg R.A.T. 7, which is modular and thus can be tailored to your hand size, etc. In the end, the laser stopped working properly.

those look weird, doesn't look like it'd be all that comfortable

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The parts that really have contact, like your thumb, the palm of your hand, middle three fingers, and then pinky, all get support. There are simply gaps in between those areas, and it looks wacky. The pieces can be swapped in and out, and some extend for a more comfortable grip, depending on your hand size. The comfort level was fine. I just couldn't deal with the periodic failures of the X or Y axis. Might be a new driver, I suppose, that has solved all that.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I've been a razor guy for a while. Still rocking the copperhead at home and at work.

Also have that tarrantula keyboard for a few years but its getting pretty beat up. Love the action on it though. Even survived vodka getting spilled on it, heh.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard. Really like it. Black, with strong blue back-lit key insets for playing in a darkened room. Can toggle so that the keys are completely blank if you prefer. Good tactile feel with the keys. It's held up well.

My older PC has a Saitek Eclipse keyboard that I don't like quite as much, but that thing has lasted forever. Good keyboard.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard. Really like it. Black, with strong blue back-lit key insets for playing in a darkened room. Can toggle so that the keys are completely blank if you prefer. Good tactile feel with the keys. It's held up well.

My older PC has a Saitek Eclipse keyboard that I don't like quite as much, but that thing has lasted forever. Good keyboard.

I had a Saitek keyboard though I'm hazy on the model.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yeah, they were putting out the cooler looking no-frills gaming keyboards for a while there, and then Razer started putting out better product, I think. Even Razer's new laptop looks cool. When is that thing out, anyway? Will be interesting to see how it performs.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_holiday_sale_begins

GOG.com Holiday Sale Begins!

Our holiday sale is here! You’ve been waiting for the chance to pick up all of our great classics at incredible savings, and that time is now. Virtually the entire catalog is 50% off from now until 2 January 2011. While most of you have probably clicked through and are getting games now, let’s let you know about the fine details of the promo.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yeah. I know the Geek Emporium has a Sith guild set up (not sure yet on the server) on a PvP server.

I think a couple of other people from the HF Caps board might be setting up characters on Corellian Run. I think I'll roll a healer.

I believe there is a 30-day trial.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Curse you people and your early access! :sarcasm: Ah well, let 'em work out some of the kinks until its released.

I also uninstalled the Beta client, turns out you didn't have to. Don't mind, might be better to go with a fresh install

Last edited:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Unless you're committed already, think about rolling Republic on the Corellian Run server when you do get set up.

Most of the party flashpoints are 2, 4, or 6 people, and we might be able to get a quorum from time to time just off HF folks. So much better than a pickup group.

The Geek Emporium seems to be setting up a Sith guild, Hard Work. It was set up by Graveland. I'll probably give it a shot when he says which server the guild was assigned. It's supposedly a PvP server, but I'm not sure what region: he's in Finland himself.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Ran the Esseles transport flashpoint tonight in SWTOR, level 10-11. Kind of a rough pickup group; the time I went through that in the beta, our group was more polished. Still, we muddled through. No joy on drops, though. I'm playing as a Consular, Sage, specc'ed as a main healer, or at least I will be when I get some better group healing spells. Really fun game.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Ran the Esseles transport flashpoint tonight in SWTOR, level 10-11. Kind of a rough pickup group; the time I went through that in the beta, our group was more polished. Still, we muddled through. No joy on drops, though. I'm playing as a Consular, Sage, specc'ed as a main healer, or at least I will be when I get some better group healing spells. Really fun game.

I read that during the beta the gfx options were bugged. Setting the textures on High set them to Low, while Low set them to High. Have you noticed this? Have they enabled AA?

Haven't decided on a starting character, might go with a Jedi Shadow

Been playing DC Universe now that its free. It's ok, just seems like you advance pretty quickly. Have a bow wielding techie (Batman) and a Hand Blasting Magic user (Superman)

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I noted on the Geek Emporium thread that it seemed to me that the graphics issues (read, a little unpolished and rough) from the beta seemed to be improved once they switched on AA/AF options, following beta. I'll admit that it could simply be my mind playing tricks on me. I was looking for the improvement.

The anti-aliasing options are definitely enabled, though.

I got sucked into the Consular storyline in the beta, and so want to see how it ends that I decided to roll a Consular, Sage again, That, and for grouping, when you're a tank or a healer, everyone wants to **** you (metaphorically speaking). Everyone is running around as a melee or ranged DPS class. Easy for a main healer to find groups.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
OK, we've seen people chime in on their gaming mice and keyboards...

What about headphones? I'm in the market for a new pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->