OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You're going to lose the lottery in both the Wright and Bedard drafts, aren't you?

I hope not. I have three saves going. The oldest of the three I got Seider - in the other two, it is impossible to pry him away from Detroit. In all of them it is impossible to pry Stutzle away from f***ing Ottawa. I offered both teams obscene amounts respectively, but no dice except the one, and I don't even remember how I did it. I'm not even sure the database has caught on to how amazing Bedard and Michkov are.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's quite a trip icing Gavin Hain as your 1C.

Quite a trip indeed. Downright Lynchian.

gavin-hain-2020-53.jpg

CKUYOqb.jpg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Subnautica: Below Zero is gorgeous and even more addicting in 4k Xbox Series X, gonna lose many a night exploring this game like I did 3 years ago on the first one.
What’s the premise of the game? It keeps popping up when I looked for a new survival and building game, but it just looks like it’s exploration at a quick glance.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
What’s the premise of the game? It keeps popping up when I looked for a new survival and building game, but it just looks like it’s exploration at a quick glance.

It's both, the first Subnautica was amazing. You can play it as a survival game (must manage food/water/ect) or you can choose to not have to manage those vitals over the course of a play through which I do since after a while that's just a chore to me compared to games like The Forest or Green Hell for example. The base building/upgrading/exploring/story bits are all second to none in the genre for me. It makes you build a base and upgrade things in order to continue on – and deeper pun intended – into the story.

TLDR, you find yourself on an aquatic alien world - explore to uncover story plots and try not to die.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It's both, the first Subnautica was amazing. You can play it as a survival game (must manage food/water/ect) or you can choose to not have to manage those vitals over the course of a play through which I do since after a while that's just a chore to me compared to games like The Forest or Green Hell for example. The base building/upgrading/exploring/story bits are all second to none in the genre for me. It makes you build a base and upgrade things in order to continue on – and deeper pun intended – into the story.

TLDR, you find yourself on an aquatic alien world - explore to uncover story plots and try not to die.
Thanksgiving.

edit. Lol, thanks. Man.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’d also just like to quickly say: f*** Valorant to death

What an infuriating sack of shit. Fix your damn game Riot, you useless idiots. You can’t copy the CS formula and screw up one of the most important things that make that formula work. Running accuracy, jumping accuracy, and climbing accuracy have to be damn near zero, otherwise it all falls apart.

Reactions: Chinatown88

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I’d also just like to quickly say: f*** Valorant to death

What an infuriating sack of shit. Fix your damn game Riot, you useless idiots. You can’t copy the CS formula and screw up one of the most important things that make that formula work. Running accuracy, jumping accuracy, and climbing accuracy have to be damn near zero, otherwise it all falls apart.
I knew you'd come around

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I knew you'd come around
That’s the first game that’s ever made me slam my desk.

I joke around on here with mock/exaggerated rage at hockey stuff but I never really get mad at it and if I do get somewhat annoyed I get over it really quickly. I’ve also never punched a monitor, thrown a controller or mouse, or done any damage to anything I own out of rage at a video game before.

But this f***ing game, man… it does something to me.

Been playing it with my brother for the last month and I’m losing my mind. I dominate 90% of games but then that last 10% is me trying to not flip my shit because some dipshit Raze has satchel jumped across my screen at Mach 5 and 1-bullet headshotted me before she even hits the ground. Meanwhile, my ass is staring at my screen, which is telling me I did 148 damage to their 150 health, while my Sage teammate resurrects our 2-12 Reyna, who is buying an Op every round.

658c841e156dd8dcad4f7f32a311bbef.gif

Reactions: Lord Defect

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
That’s the first game that’s ever made me slam my desk.

I joke around on here with mock/exaggerated rage at hockey stuff but I never really get mad at it and if I do get somewhat annoyed I get over it really quickly. I’ve also never punched a monitor, thrown a controller or mouse, or done any damage to anything I own out of rage at a video game before.

But this f***ing game, man… it does something to me.

Been playing it with my brother for the last month and I’m losing my mind. I dominate 90% of games but then that last 10% is me trying to not flip my shit because some dipshit Raze has satchel jumped across my screen at Mach 5 and 1-bullet headshotted me before she even hits the ground. Meanwhile, my ass is staring at my screen, which is telling me I did 148 damage to their 150 health, while my Sage teammate resurrects our 2-12 Reyna, who is buying an Op every round.

658c841e156dd8dcad4f7f32a311bbef.gif
I have no idea what half of what you said means I just know that game sucks lol

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have no idea what half of what you said means I just know that game sucks lol
Oh... my bad. :laugh: I thought you had played it.

-One of the main parts of the game is that your shooting is only supposed to be accurate when standing still. The whole game is built around this concept because it prevents running and gunning and forces you to use positioning and abilities. Same as Counterstrike.

-Raze is a character that has two of these little C4 charges that explode and make her fly (without taking damage) and if she throws them at her own feet they will shoot her through the air. People will typically do this to move quickly past choke points or get on top of high places. This is only supposed to be a movement mechanic for positioning, not for use in gunfights, because the movement should mean her gun is completely inaccurate and basically useless. But the game is broken so people will regularly do this and somehow still get 1 bullet headshot kills while in mid air.

-150 is the max health, 148 is the most damage you can do from shooting someone without killing them.

-Sage is a character that can bring dead teammates back to life once every handful of rounds. It has to be used carefully, otherwise a huge advantage is wasted.

-Reyna is a "duelist" character, which is supposed to be the type of player that uses combat-oriented abilities and goes into fights first.

-And "Op" is a sniper rifle, which forces the player to kinda hang back and play slow... not something a Reyna should usually be using because it clashes with her abilities.

The clip at 0:20 and the one after it is EXACTLY what shouldn't be possible :laugh:

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Oh... my bad. :laugh: I thought you had played it.

-One of the main parts of the game is that your shooting is only supposed to be accurate when standing still. The whole game is built around this concept because it prevents running and gunning and forces you to use positioning and abilities. Same as Counterstrike.

-Raze is a character that has two of these little C4 charges that explode and make her fly (without taking damage) and if she throws them at her own feet they will shoot her through the air. People will typically do this to move quickly past choke points or get on top of high places. This is only supposed to be a movement mechanic for positioning, not for use in gunfights, because the movement should mean her gun is completely inaccurate and basically useless. But the game is broken so people will regularly do this and somehow still get 1 bullet headshot kills while in mid air.

-150 is the max health, 148 is the most damage you can do from shooting someone without killing them.

-Sage is a character that can bring dead teammates back to life once every handful of rounds. It has to be used carefully, otherwise a huge advantage is wasted.

-Reyna is a "duelist" character, which is supposed to be the type of player that uses combat-oriented abilities and goes into fights first.

-And "Op" is a sniper rifle, which forces the player to kinda hang back and play slow... not something a Reyna should usually be using because it clashes with her abilities.

The clip at 0:20 and the one after it is EXACTLY what shouldn't be possible :laugh:

Nah I don’t have a pc. Just seen some people play it after it was supposed to be a “fortnite killer”

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nah I don’t have a pc. Just seen some people play it after it was supposed to be a “fortnite killer”
:laugh: A "Fortnite killer" that isn't even a remotely similar game? That has a drastically different target audience? Tha heck?

It's competing with CSGO... nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad