OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A buggy mess. Nothing beyond A1 was tested at all. I'm waiting for it to be $7 on a Steam sale next year.

It looks pretty and worth a play, but the lack of polish and common QoL improvements is unforgivable in 2020. You can't re-bind Force Move off of Control unless they fixed it in the last day.

How did everyone not learn from D3's initial thorough lack of customization, which was a stunning oversight even when it was released?

I watched a moment of streams and yeah, it looked nice overall, but the big turnoff for me visually was the enormous blue arrows that pop up everywhere you click to move. That was driving me nuts. It's like a mobile game style of thing, where they have to have huge indicators that you can see beyond your grubby poking fingers, and it looks awful on a desktop game.

Disappointing that it's a mess under the hood too.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
When the game came out of Early Access, I was pretty sure I was able to re-bind that key.

It seems that they did add this. However, you still cannot change Left Mouse to be anything other than Default Attack, which is baffling.

How did everyone not learn from D3's initial thorough lack of customization, which was a stunning oversight even when it was released?

I watched a moment of streams and yeah, it looked nice overall, but the big turnoff for me visually was the enormous blue arrows that pop up everywhere you click to move. That was driving me nuts. It's like a mobile game style of thing, where they have to have huge indicators that you can see beyond your grubby poking fingers, and it looks awful on a desktop game.

Disappointing that it's a mess under the hood too.

This isn't a launch. I don't care what the state says. It was a common bug to have quest/area progress rolled back to Act 1 upon entering the cut scene at the end of Act 2, although you did get to keep your level and gear. Items are disappearing from stashes. Sometimes entire stashes are disappearing. Sometimes a relog fixes that, sometimes it doesn't. If you join someone's game who is further along in the story than you, you're now wherever they were in progress with no way to go backward. Then there's this abomination:

I was unstacking gems and decided I didn't want one, so I pressed escape (expecting the gem to just go back to my stack), but the gem on my cursor was deleted. For science, I tested again and lost another gem. Have not tested with other items yet, but I would assume the same happens.
To repeat, have a stack of gems -> shift+click to pick up one -> press escape key. Poof!

The servers being taken down for a day is obviously suboptimal, but it's at least understandable that an inexperienced dev is going to have a rough launch. Same with the super forms gimmick being useless. That's just balance and can be tweaked. This just isn't ready for launch in any way.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It seems that they did add this. However, you still cannot change Left Mouse to be anything other than Default Attack, which is baffling.

This isn't a launch. I don't care what the state says. It was a common bug to have quest/area progress rolled back to Act 1 upon entering the cut scene at the end of Act 2, although you did get to keep your level and gear. Items are disappearing from stashes. Sometimes entire stashes are disappearing. Sometimes a relog fixes that, sometimes it doesn't. If you join someone's game who is further along in the story than you, you're now wherever they were in progress with no way to go backward. Then there's this abomination:

The servers being taken down for a day is obviously suboptimal, but it's at least understandable that an inexperienced dev is going to have a rough launch. Same with the super forms gimmick being useless. That's just balance and can be tweaked. This just isn't ready for launch in any way.

It would be easy to blame a development culture shift towards and assumption that they can put out broken things and patch them later, but horribly broken games have been coming out for ages...and there often weren't patch options either.

At least there's a chance it'll get better though.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Why exactly are people playing anything but PoE for this genre these days?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
PoE league is 2 months old and the next announcement is in a week. Most people take a break. They timed launch pretty well from that aspect.

Hmm, thats fair enough, I guess. I've been focusing more on MHW, hopeing to finally dig into the Expansion to that this weekend. It feels good to be done packing and unpacking (for now).

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Half hour in and I’m doing alright.
65EE975F-8F60-497F-96EC-D9D987819085.jpeg

Not bad for someone that hasn’t played COD for a few releases.

Reactions: BigToe and Striiker

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Any suggestions for a setup to turn the m4a1 into a laser? I prefer to play hardcore

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Y
Skill-based matchmaking.

If a game uses it to set up matches then eventually CoD will determine that you are better than the seals you are presently clubbing and then it will present you as a seal to be clubbed.
You couldn’t let me have my moment could you

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Y

You couldn’t let me have my moment could you

I hope they don't have it because strict SBMM can make games waaayyyyy more efforty than I prefer. Just gimme a good connection and a means to be middle of the pack on average without having to treat every match like an e-sport, or get constantly slaughtered because the people I play with are good.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I hope they don't have it because strict SBMM can make games waaayyyyy more efforty than I prefer. Just gimme a good connection and a means to be middle of the pack on average without having to treat every match like an e-sport, or get constantly slaughtered because the people I play with are good.
What do you mean when you say people you play “with”? Like “friends”.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
just bought the division 2 for 3 bucks..i mean i had expiring credit i had to burn so i guess there were worse ways of spending 3 bucks lol

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Any Resident Evil fans here? Started to re-play RE7 last week just out of excitement for RE3 remake coming out soon and leaks of RE8. I know RE7 caught some hate, but personally I love it

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Any Resident Evil fans here? Started to re-play RE7 last week just out of excitement for RE3 remake coming out soon and leaks of RE8. I know RE7 caught some hate, but personally I love it
4-whatever has no business being part of the core series.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
4-whatever has no business being part of the core series.

RE 4 is an amazing game. The series (story and all) got a little off track with 5 + 6 and they certainly aren't as good as the former. But I really thought RE7 was a great change and breathe of fresh air for the franchise. I know alot of people complained about how does this tie to the RE story/past, but I'm under the impression that RE8 will explain and reveal this

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Legit can't wait for the RE3 Remake. Been meaning to go back through RE2 and try to get everything unlocked, but honestly, f*ck Mr X.

Man I breezed through Leon's part, but for some reason Claire's part scared the legit hell out of me at times lol. Mr. X was for sure responsible for most of them. Speaking of X, I love all the mods people make of him. The one he's Pennywise and it's somehow even more terrifying

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Man I breezed through Leon's part, but for some reason Claire's part scared the legit hell out of me at times lol. Mr. X was for sure responsible for most of them. Speaking of X, I love all the mods people make of him. The one he's Pennywise and it's somehow even more terrifying
The “X gon giv it to ya “ mod is my favorite.

Reactions: PhlthyRich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad