OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Anyone play warcraft? I just got an add on insta that they are remastering Warcraft III. That is one of my favorite games of all time that I still play every once in a while, but recently has been too hard to find matches. I am legit excited

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
EA is also remastering C&C 1 (with all the expansions) and Red Alert 1 (with all the expansions) and it's in production with a bunch of ex-Westwood devs. Can't f***ing wait. As for above, I am way more of a C&C/Red Alert fan than WC.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
EA is also remastering C&C 1 (with all the expansions) and Red Alert 1 (with all the expansions) and it's in production with a bunch of ex-Westwood devs. Can't ****ing wait. As for above, I am way more of a C&C/Red Alert fan than WC.
Also terrible at those games but the theme for Red Alert was BADASS.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Anyone play warcraft? I just got an add on insta that they are remastering Warcraft III. That is one of my favorite games of all time that I still play every once in a while, but recently has been too hard to find matches. I am legit excited
That’s going back — I used to play Warcraft 3 a bit in HS 20 years ago.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
EA is also remastering C&C 1 (with all the expansions) and Red Alert 1 (with all the expansions) and it's in production with a bunch of ex-Westwood devs. Can't ****ing wait. As for above, I am way more of a C&C/Red Alert fan than WC.
Love that. I started with Red Alert 1 and 2. Loved those games. Got hooked on WCIII and just really fell in love with the concept of the hero. Made the games a lot more fun.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also terrible at those games but the theme for Red Alert was BADASS.
Love that. I started with Red Alert 1 and 2. Loved those games. Got hooked on WCIII and just really fell in love with the concept of the hero. Made the games a lot more fun.

Petroglyph Games, the ones whom EA is working with on these remasters, are made up of a bunch of ex-Westwood Devs, including Frank Klepacki, who did the sound tracks for a lot of C&C games. Frank also did Red Alert games and did both Hell March 1 and 2.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Petroglyph Games, the ones whom EA is working with on these remasters, are made up of a bunch of ex-Westwood Devs, including Frank Klepacki, who did the sound tracks for a lot of C&C games. Frank also did Red Alert games and did both Hell March 1 and 2.

In the links connected to that, I got this one for some reason. He is utterly mesmerizing.

EDIT: I'm completely incapable of turning it off. I can't stop watching. Send help.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I've moved on from Blizzard games in general, but I can't wait to try this again. I'm going to be awful after not having played in years.

I believe I saw there will be mapmaking tools. This of course means I have to try DotA, Legion TD, Footies, etc. I'll probably retreat pretty quickly, but it will be a glorious couple of weeks.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
So I made my Black Friday/Steam Autumn sale purchase and bought Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations, a hardcore naval warfare simulator in the mold of the good old Harpoon series. Some call it a videogame, some call it a way of life. Only time will tell how I will feel about it.

I fart at the general direction of your Spider-mans and Red Dead Redemptions.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm very conflicted over what should've been amazing news to me. After too long a wait, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is finally coming out. But it's being published by Nintendo instead of Activision (making it a Switch exclusive) and developed by Team Ninja instead of Raven Software. If you change all the companies involved, how can it count as a sequel and how different will it be from the other games?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Damn, I had to dig pretty deep to find this thread again...

Anyone been playing Apex Legends yet? It's pretty damn fun when you get a full squad going. It's like a mishmash of different games: Battle Royale like Fortnite, futuristic like Halo, fast-paced shootouts like COD, and classes with different perks like Battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->