Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
2514ce9b10ce2484f0d328bfac0b91f2.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
My 4 year old son has been all about Sonic the Hedgehog lately so I've been having him watch full play through videos of all the games on Youtube and he loves it. So now I have Sonic level songs stuck in my head all day. Not even mad.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
While they haven’t suckered me into buying Madden or FIFA this year I did buy NHL.
Thoughts?

Played the beta but then sold my Xbox One. I play on PC now and main thing I'm missing is NHL. Played a shit ton of NHL 15 on a PS3 emulator and a little EHM to fill the need for now.

Might pick up NHL 21 when I pickup the PS5, whenever that is, but beta felt like more of same. Hopefully they put something decent out for next gen with NHL 22.

Reactions: Defect

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thoughts?

Played the beta but then sold my Xbox One. I play on PC now and main thing I'm missing is NHL. Played a shit ton of NHL 15 on a PS3 emulator and a little EHM to fill the need for now.

Might pick up NHL 21 when I pickup the PS5, whenever that is, but beta felt like more of same. Hopefully they put something decent out for next gen with NHL 22.

When I said I bought it, I meant I legitimately just picked it up. Lol.

I am currently just fooling around on Pro-Am while I sit around and wait for my friends to get the game.

I am pretty much exclusively an EASHL player but play at a Robert Hagg type level. @Magua and @PALE PWNR can attest to that.

I can’t comment on the differences enough at this point although the first month is typically the most fun before all the cheese is figured out outside of the cheese that has been there since ‘94.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
NHL20 was definitely the best game in several years, and NHL21 could be even better. It probably feels the most like actual hockey. Speed and passing is king. The glitchy LT animations are toned down, so there’s more face-up hockey and actual dangling. Defense is hard in general, and the pickups can be wonky, so you need to have 5 skaters playing together.

Still can't wait for the Michigan goal to happen every game...

I'm probably going to be playing the same center position that I always do :laugh:.

The chances are infinitesimally small to actually pull it off with no pressure. They may have tuned it slightly, but it’s still basically worthless and never a good play online.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Get him the mini sega.
I was looking at it the other day, that's probably going to be the plan. Daddy will definitely be getting his beak wet on that thing too...

I heard you can play on the Switch too, but not sure I need to murder all my free time just yet.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I was looking at it the other day, that's probably going to be the plan. Daddy will definitely be getting his beak wet on that thing too...

I heard you can play on the Switch too, but not sure I need to murder all my free time just yet.
Mini sega is cheaper lol. If he breaks it your not out $200-$300

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Not enough Commodore 64 discussion in the last thread.

Do better this time.
My brother's friend next door had Caveman Olympics and a strip poker game for the ol' Commodore 64. I ended up figuring how poker worked so we could see poorly pixelated boobies. Meanwhile my uncle's C64 had a little drawing tablet I used all the time and the Ducktales game which was very impressive back then. You could mountain climb for treasure, barnstorm with Launchpad, way different than the NES game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad