OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Super glad to hear that all Xbox One games and all the Xbox 360 games that are currently backwards comparable will be playable on the Xbox Series X.

My Xbox One is the same one I got at launch and the disc reader has been poop for years now. I literally need to eject and insert the game somewhere between 10-100 times before it will read it and I definitely don't want to waste money on a new console for the future because I keep all my games for nostalgia and as a collection, in case I want to play them again one day.

I know you know the struggle of firing up a PS2 and waiting to see if the zoom in would happen to see if it read the game properly. Don't tell me you didn't.

Reactions: Defect and Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know you know the struggle of firing up a PS2 and waiting to see if the zoom in would happen to see if it read the game properly. Don't tell me you didn't.
Yeah, I played a ton of PS2.

Even back when I was a dumb kid who didn't even have a memory card to save his games, so I had to start a new Jak and Daxter game from scratch every day.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Super glad to hear that all Xbox One games and all the Xbox 360 games that are currently backwards comparable will be playable on the Xbox Series X.

My Xbox One is the same one I got at launch and the disc reader has been poop for years now. I literally need to eject and insert the game somewhere between 10-100 times before it will read it and I definitely don't want to waste money on a new console for the future because I keep all my games for nostalgia and as a collection, in case I want to play them again one day.
Pop her open and put in a new drive.

Reactions: Striiker

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
So Xbox is fully backwards compatible right? Back to what point. Same for ps5.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yea my xbox one disc drive just went to shit. I put in the only disc I have after accidentally ejecting it, it took it in, but made a weird noise. Now it won't eject it and the game wont start. Not a big loss as most of my collection is digital I guess.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yea my xbox one disc drive just went to shit. I put in the only disc I have after accidentally ejecting it, it took it in, but made a weird noise. Now it won't eject it and the game wont start. Not a big loss as most of my collection is digital I guess.
On the 360 you could take the faceplate off and insert a paper clip to spit the game out. I’m not sure about the 1.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So no og Xbox. Ty. Ps5?
Actually it does play some OG xbox games.

"Microsoft has stated that the Xbox Series X will support all games playable on the Xbox One, including those Xbox 360 and original Xbox console titles currently supported through backward compatibility on the Xbox One, thus allowing the console to support four generations of games."

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Just finished Disco Elysium. What a trip!

Best cRPG I’ve ever played. Anyone else dig it?
I’m a couple hours in. Realllly enjoying it so far. It actually feels like a pen and paper rpg. I swear the developers thought of everything. I decided not to wear pants and the game berated me for it.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
That game looks interesting. Would it port well onto the switch in your opinions?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I’m a couple hours in. Realllly enjoying it so far. It actually feels like a pen and paper rpg. I swear the developers thought of everything. I decided not to wear pants and the game berated me for it.

Haha, I walked around for most of the first day with only one shoe! I went with the Sensitive archetype, and Inland Empire was a total treat. Empathy and Shivers are also great!

It really does feel like pen and paper. I used to play D&D when I was younger, and this brought back great memories of storytelling and flow. Nothing felt cheap.

It also looks beautiful and feels like a muted painting of old Soviet era surroundings.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
That game looks interesting. Would it port well onto the switch in your opinions?

I’ve never used a switch but based on gameplay, I would say it’s very portable. It is dialogue heavy (that’s an understatement), and none of the mechanics are very complex.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I’ve never used a switch but based on gameplay, I would say it’s very portable. It is dialogue heavy (that’s an understatement), and none of the mechanics are very complex.
Thanks. When I finally beat the Witcher this might be next.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The final battle in FF7 Remake is f***ing impossible in Hard Mode. I've been trying for 6 hours over the last 2 days. Im in anguish over how close I just came to winning

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->