OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
You seem to like Robocop enough, I thought you would like to play as the character in the game.
robocop.png

Reactions: BigToe

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Capitalism to a T :nod:
Oh I’m happy to pay for things that are added to the core game. I’m not happy to pay for things that should have been in the core game and are held back as DLC, I’m looking at you capcom.
I know that’s not the case here but I don’t think the price point is a fair representation of their work. Character packs either need to be bigger, or tied to added content, or cheaper. Skin packs are a joke, al la horse armor. You can’t tell me 4 characters are the same value as a 20 hour story dlc.
The value is off, not their wanting to get paid for their product.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Mafia: Definitive Edition is coming in August and it looks gorgeous | PC Gamer

Mafia 1 remake. Dont you dare f*** this up

18 years ago, pcgamer said "The graphics of the original Mafia were very-well regarded—we said in our glowing 2002 review that "it's rare in this day and age to be truly impressed by a game's graphics, but a lot of your early game time will be spent just marveling at the scenery" - cant wait to see if it can be pretty again nowadays.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Me and my 18 year old bro made the playoffs with the Browns on our Madden franchise.

Started the year 3-4 with close losses to the Jets (7-3), Seahawks (20-17) and Ravens (31-28) before getting blown out by Patriots (38-7).

Then went on a 5 game streak (easy schedule vs Broncos, Bills, Steelers, Dolphins and Steelers) to get to 8-4.

But then lost to the Bengals in a game where Mayfield (read than as me) threw 5 interceptions. 2 were a joke... both batted in the air by Beckham and then Landry on easy catches for TDs.

With 3 games left:

Ravens: 9-4
Browns: 8-5
Bengals: 8-5

With AFC crazy strong and looking like 11-5 for a WC spot.

But then put 30+ up against all of Cardinals, Ravens and Bengals for relatively easy wins to get to 11-5 and just edge Ravens for division.

But Mayfield tore his groin in final game 2nd half, and Hunt out for 2 weeks as well... and vs the Patriots in the WC game. So probably screwed as Dobbs is our back-up and he sucks. Guess Chubb needs a 150 yard game and Garrett to get ~4 sacks or so for us to have a chance to win.

Garrett is going to win MVP maybe. We had a great defence over the season that got 43 sacks... and he smashed the sack record to get 29 haha. Next best was Richardson with 6. Oliver Vernon was 3rd with 3. :laugh:

Beckham hit 1000 yards receiving despite missing 3 games.
Hunt ran for 900 yards despite missing 3 games.
Chubb ran for 700 yards despite being in rotation for 13 games.
Njoku and Curtis Samuel (traded for him) both got ~550 yards.
Landry got 450 and missed 2 games. Mainly used him in the slot and slot throws not heavily in our gameplan.
Landry (PR) and Callaway (KR) both led NFL in return yards.

Going to be tough to keep everyone for next year, especially on D.

Currently have:

Berry
Randall (Cyprien)

Ward-Flowers (Williams, Mitchell)

Nwosu-Schobert-Preston Smith (Bynes)

Vernon-Dareus-Richardson-Garrett (Ogunjobi, Zettel)

LB is mediocre, but everywhere else is pretty stacked.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Currently on my 2nd playthrough of FF7 Remake - this time on Hard Mode which was unlocked after beating the game. The Boss Battles are absolutely brutal but still fun. Total playtime on Remake so far is approaching 75 hours (started April 10th). I'm also going for the Platinum Trophy for 100% completion on PSN, which involves a bunch of other achievements.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Finished Mass Effect 3. It's a shame that the conclusion of such a great series has such low replayability for the 3rd and final installment. The very rewarding things at the end of the series like making peace with the geth and quarians or getting any of the good endings are behind a dlc or multiplayer wall. In order to get more war assets you had to play the multiplayer modes, or buy an extended dlc that just adds to an already fairly long story that just feels extra.

That said I enjoyed the play thru. I went renegade for the first time. I tried to stick to ideals, I was super loyal and paragonish with my crew, my people. Everyone else I was a straight up asshole with. I had fun doing it. I'm going to replay Andromeda as a renegade as well.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Some leaks are starting to come out on google of

PS5 Pre order date June 2 2020.

Price a Basic PS 5 540 and a Premium PS 5 650

Specs

Resolution 1440P / 2160P or higher

Ram 32 gb x 4 to 64gb x8

bandwidth 5 gb's / s

load time 2 gb in 0.27 seconds

It's possible the pre order date can change, but Release is Nov 18 2020, so we are approaching 6 months till launch, making the June pre order promising.

As Said the minute, the pre order becomes available I'm getting a credit card soley for PS5.

Friday, suprisingly. Credit one, sent me a acceptance offer with a invitation number. I didn't have to put full ssn in, just last 4. After I accepted, I was approved 2,000. That should be at the house when I get home.

I don't know if there will be bundle deals, but I'm getting the Premium ps5.

I'm also gonna look at a 8k Sony. I always been a samsung guy, have 2 55 4k's but got them in 2015. TV still works great but it's an old build.

It sounds like the PS5 will handle 8k, and I'll also look at my internet speed with Fios, I might upgrade that.

I just pray I can get a time slot to pre order it.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Hitman 3 is expected to be one of the games at PS5 Launch, there will be a PS4 version.

Here is some gameplay of Hitman 3 on PS 5, not sure if this is the final release but so far it's looking very promising.

As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of Hitman,

I played Hitman 1 2016 and Hitman 2 2018. I defeated all levels and the game, but still to this day to achieve 100% on every level.

Reactions: Defect

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Hitman 3 is expected to be one of the games at PS5 Launch, there will be a PS4 version.

Here is some gameplay of Hitman 3 on PS 5, not sure if this is the final release but so far it's looking very promising.

I played Hitman 1 2016 and Hitman 2 2018. I defeated all levels and the game, but still to this day to achieve 100% on every level.

Um that looks awful. I hope that's a SUPER early look because that looks like it was optimized for the PS2

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Tons of companies “borrow” gameplay and games in general, though the latter mobile is the biggest culprit. Has anyone stolen or attempted to duplicate Hitman at all? Assassins creed ain’t it either, before you say that.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Tons of companies “borrow” gameplay and games in general, though the latter mobile is the biggest culprit. Has anyone stolen or attempted to duplicate Hitman at all? Assassins creed ain’t it either, before you say that.

They’ve been made. They just don’t sell particularly well. I know the PC space far better, but Alekhine’s Gun is a current console gen example.

Depending on which aspects you feel are necessary, Dishonored 1/2 did stealth better than any Hitman game. Hell, Mark of the Ninja was 2D and did stealth puzzle solving incredibly well.

Reactions: Defect

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Origins and odyssey are phenomenal gameplay and storylines. The DLC for Odyssey was really fun

I just finished Origins and really enjoyed it. It has some problems. Quests start to feel the same. Combat is fun but isn't terribly dynamic. Gorgeous game. Huge world. A lot of fun taking down ships and forts. Excited to play Odyssey after I finish the Origin DLCs. Steam had a pretty sick deal and I got both Origins and Odyssey for 30$.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I just finished Origins and really enjoyed it. It has some problems. Quests start to feel the same. Combat is fun but isn't terribly dynamic. Gorgeous game. Huge world. A lot of fun taking down ships and forts. Excited to play Odyssey after I finish the Origin DLCs. Steam had a pretty sick deal and I got both Origins and Odyssey for 30$.

Odyssey is going to feel a lot like Origins, I think. The combat and playstyle are similar. I find the questline a little more immersive, and while the objectives of the quest are similar, theres enough to the story where you dont mind. The game itself is even more beautiful than Origins though, if you can fathom that.

Reactions: Flyotes

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I'm disappointed smart consoles are not a thing yet to go with the smart TVs, smart refrigerators, smart home appliances...can't wait for everything to be smart-enabled, then it's time to prank many people :nod:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I finished FF VII for the first time last week. Overall, it was a fun game, and the story was good, if not a little convoluted some times. The materia system is interesting, ATB is fine (although I prefer either "live" combat or turn based, not necessarily a hybrid approach), and some of the side stuff is fun, but overall, that usually isn't my cup of tea.

I have no idea how I would have finished this game if I didn't use a guide. I didn't use it for tips or tricks, or strategy against bosses - I needed to use it to have some idea of where that f*** I was supposed to go. The game is dated, I understand that, but with nothing to go on except for talking to the characters, story progression would have been very, very tiresome if I didn't use a guide. I don't need a floating arrow telling me exactly where to go, but some sort of "journal" or something to at least have an idea of what characters previously said would have been nice. I sometimes went a couple days or a week between sessions, and unless I wrote it down or something, I wouldn't have remembered where I needed to go.

I greatly enjoyed 3/4ths, maybe even 4/5ths of the game. Bosses are hard, and that's good, they shouldn't be easy unless you want to overlevel. But the f***ing cave, and those f***ing things with stars over their head. Automatic 1 hit KO attacks are just dumb and un-fun. They're not challenging, they're just dumb. Once I figured out those guys counterattacked if you hit them more than once before they moved, fighting them turned from a frustrating experience to just a dull mini-game, as I had to wait out their moves.

Game was fun, and I think I'd play it again and use different characters (I used Cloud, Barrett, and Red XIII when possible) once I complete a couple of other FF games, but overall, I just thought it was somewhere above a "good" game, and not necessarily a "great" game. But again, I'm writing this review in 2020, not whenever it came out.

I'm on to FF X, and while Tidus is extremely annoying so far...I'm liking it. Once I figured out the idea behind the sphere grid, it's not actually that complicated, and so far, I like the simplified equipment.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I finished FF VII for the first time last week. Overall, it was a fun game, and the story was good, if not a little convoluted some times. The materia system is interesting, ATB is fine (although I prefer either "live" combat or turn based, not necessarily a hybrid approach), and some of the side stuff is fun, but overall, that usually isn't my cup of tea.

I have no idea how I would have finished this game if I didn't use a guide. I didn't use it for tips or tricks, or strategy against bosses - I needed to use it to have some idea of where that f*** I was supposed to go. The game is dated, I understand that, but with nothing to go on except for talking to the characters, story progression would have been very, very tiresome if I didn't use a guide. I don't need a floating arrow telling me exactly where to go, but some sort of "journal" or something to at least have an idea of what characters previously said would have been nice. I sometimes went a couple days or a week between sessions, and unless I wrote it down or something, I wouldn't have remembered where I needed to go.

I greatly enjoyed 3/4ths, maybe even 4/5ths of the game. Bosses are hard, and that's good, they shouldn't be easy unless you want to overlevel. But the f***ing cave, and those f***ing things with stars over their head. Automatic 1 hit KO attacks are just dumb and un-fun. They're not challenging, they're just dumb. Once I figured out those guys counterattacked if you hit them more than once before they moved, fighting them turned from a frustrating experience to just a dull mini-game, as I had to wait out their moves.

Game was fun, and I think I'd play it again and use different characters (I used Cloud, Barrett, and Red XIII when possible) once I complete a couple of other FF games, but overall, I just thought it was somewhere above a "good" game, and not necessarily a "great" game. But again, I'm writing this review in 2020, not whenever it came out.

I'm on to FF X, and while Tidus is extremely annoying so far...I'm liking it. Once I figured out the idea behind the sphere grid, it's not actually that complicated, and so far, I like the simplified equipment.

It's my favorite game, by a long shot. I'm sure nostalgia is a factor, much like it is when someone says Zelda is their favorite game. I do think it takes multiple play throughs to truly appreciate. I played it for the first time when it came out in 1997. I was 12 years old. I replayed a few times in the next few years and then didn't do a full play through again until 2016. I took the time to fully master every aspect of the game and appreciated it even more. The materia system is just awesome. There are so many amazing combinations you can make that will make even the toughest battles easy (Ruby Weapon for example). The challenge is actually in acquiring than mastering the necessary materia. The story is VERY complex. I am still figuring out things today.

FFVII Remake Part 1 was an absolute blast. I am nearly finished my 2nd play through on Hard Mode. Going for all trophies on PSN and a 100% in-game Play Log. I am 100 hours and will probably need another 20 to accomplish a total mastery of the game.

I'm currently playing th

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Super glad to hear that all Xbox One games and all the Xbox 360 games that are currently backwards comparable will be playable on the Xbox Series X.

My Xbox One is the same one I got at launch and the disc reader has been poop for years now. I literally need to eject and insert the game somewhere between 10-100 times before it will read it and I definitely don't want to waste money on a new console for the future because I keep all my games for nostalgia and as a collection, in case I want to play them again one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->