Music: Video game music

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This isn't anything close to a favorite by any means, but is anyone else familiar with this theme?

It amuses me to no end that some composer took the care and effort to seemingly push the limits of the hardware (I had no idea a Gameboy game could sound like this) and go all out pouring his heart and soul into this completely out of place but surprisingly strong track for some crappy Gameboy game (about Robocop of all things) that nobody likes or knows about and that totally doesn't deserve it.

Such a strange curiosity.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Thanks, I loved me some Commando.
Do you remember Capcom also released an Old West knock-off of Commado' game play: Gunsmoke. Also a decent game..
I got to see it years after it came out when friends dug out there old c64 or c16, I don't quite remember. I played it once or twice. I don't know how I missed it. We usually gave each other all the games we had. I had to look it up now, I didn't remember it from the title. Looks fun, though. C64 where great times.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Littleroot Town is probably my favourite track from a video game. Probably half nostalgia on my part but it's an incredible song.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
These two are my favorite musical moments in videogames.

The "Agro wanders the lands as you rest" idle scene is really cool to begin with, but to bury arguably the strongest musical track in the game in it is so ballsy-- and it just works perfectly.

And the opening credits to Final Fantasy VI. Something about the way it makes something beautiful out of such limited hardware always gets to me as well.

I generally don't think that videogame music is as good as other kinds of music, though, personally.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->