Video: 2013 World Junior Championship - Mike Reilly, USA

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Team USA defenseman Mike Reilly may not be the most heralded defender among the group that the USA has iced at the 2013 World Junior Championship, but he has played like he belongs with a defensive group that has been the best of any country at this WJC.

Reilly, a Columbus Blue Jackets prospect playing for the University of Minnesota, has been a solid defender so far for Team USA. While he is billed more as an offensively oriented defender, he has played more of an all-around game at this tournament.

In six games for Team USA, Reilly has notched one goal (which was a game-winner) and two assists to go along with a +4 rating.… read more

More...

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Reilly is growing up. He doesn't look 12 anymore, more like 13 :laugh:

I think the odds of him making it to the NHL will depend on him getting stronger physically and being positioned better defensively. He's definately not afraid to jump into the rush but he will have to make some better decisions in determining when to join and when to stay at home. To me he seems to have gained confidence and has improved in every game in this tournament but he still has miles to go on the defensive side of the ice. I really like the way he moves the puck quickly and his passing is crisp. He's an exciting player to watch both in a good and a bad way.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tune in tomorrow morning at 8am for the gold... USA vs. Sweden... The NHL network is carrying it... Canada and Russia precedes at 4am, that is a must watch as well…..

Many future NHL stars are in these two games...

Last edited:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
R Bar is opening tomorrow at 7:30am and will show the USA vs SWE gold medal game as well!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Tune in tomorrow morning at 8am for the gold... USA vs. Sweden... The NHL network is carrying it... Canada and Russia precedes at 4am, that is a must watch as well…..

Many future NHL stars are in these two games...

Those games start at 1am for me. Needless to say, I'll be watching recorded/replayed versions.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hopefully the experience he gains from this tournament will help him in his play back in Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad